Author Topic: icamsource won't start  (Read 3287 times)

TambourineMan

• View Profile
icamsource won't start
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:37:50 AM »
I first installed icamsource without a working webcam connected to my desktop as I really just wanted to monitor the camera in my Galaxy S3 and found that you had to have two webcams - a local and a remote.  To the extent possible without a local webcam I set it up, but I don' remember exactly what I was able to do.

I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit.  I think Net Framework 3 is supposed to be integral with Win 7.  My uninstall panel shows that I have Net Framework 1.1 and Net Framework 4 client profile installed.  I also have the Visual C++ Redistributable Package installed.

Thankfully I got my USB Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 working using Vista drivers (based on their lack of customer support, no new Logitech products for me so their policy of forcing new purchases is an epic fail for me).  So I also bought a Rosewell driverless RCM-3201V web cam.  Both work with CamFrog.

Now that I have working local webcams icamsource won't start at all although it does trigger the LED light on the Rosewell webcam to light up.

I uninstalled using control panel and reinstalled.  I uninstalled using RevoPro Uninstaller and reinstalled.  I have reinstalled to two different directories.  I have run the reg cleaner.

I have turned off wifi on my S3.  I went into device manager and disabled all other imaging devices (my Monsoon HAVA has a webcam - who knew?)  I disabled my HP officejet as that shows as an imaging device.

Neither the Logitech nor CamFrog software are running.

How do I get icamsource to start up (it shows as a process in task manager.)?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: icamsource won't start
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »
You don't see the icamsource icon in the system tray? You should see it if icamsource is showing up as a running process (unless you installed it as a service...which you would've had to gone out of the way to do).

TambourineMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »
Duh!!!  I didn't know it would only be accessible from a  system tray icon most of which are hidden.  But I have now set it to show the icon and notifications.  (and it works although not as I thought it would - I though I could monitor my smartphone's camera, not use my smartphone to monitor wired or wifi cameras.)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »
They have another program called ipCam, which allows you to turn your iPhone (not sure about Android) camera into an IP camera...which can then be monitored with iCam. Unless your phone is on a charging dock and part of your home's wifi network (I think newer iOS versions disable the wifi when the screen is locked) and you have another phone with iCam to view it from, I'm not sure I would use it. You'd also need a computer running icamsource to monitor and feed the ipCam source to iCam. It could be useful if you have a very specific, temporary goal (like maybe a temp spy cam to catch an employee stealing)...but I'd recommend an IP camera if you're wanting to use it regularly.

WilbertLamb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:47 AM »
I first installed icamsource without a working webcam connected to my desktop as I really just wanted to monitor the camera in my Galaxy S3 and found that you had to have two webcams - a local and a remote.  To the extent possible without a local webcam I set it up, but I don' remember exactly what I was able to do.

I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit.  I think Net Framework 3 is supposed to be integral with Win 7.  My uninstall panel shows that I have Net Framework 1.1 and Net Framework 4 client profile installed.  I also have the Visual C++ Redistributable Package installed.

Thankfully I got my USB Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 working using Vista drivers (based on their lack of customer support, no new Logitech products for me so their policy of forcing new purchases is an epic fail for me).  So I also bought a Rosewell driverless RCM-3201V web cam.  Both work with CamFrog.

Now that I have working local webcams icamsource won't start at all although it does trigger the led light on the Rosewell webcam to light up.

I uninstalled using control panel and reinstalled.  I uninstalled using RevoPro Uninstaller and reinstalled.  I have reinstalled to two different directories.  I have run the reg cleaner.

I have turned off wifi on my S3.  I went into device manager and disabled all other imaging devices (my Monsoon HAVA has a webcam - who knew?)  I disabled my HP officejet as that shows as an imaging device.

Neither the Logitech nor CamFrog software are running.

How do I get icamsource to start up (it shows as a process in task manager.)?

hello were you able to sort out the problem? I am facing similar issue with icamsource....Please help me to sort out the problem.. Thanks in advance..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:44:12 AM by WilbertLamb »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menu Bar (Mac) or System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.