Author Topic: iMac Questions - Please Help  (Read 1753 times)

Damian

• View Profile
iMac Questions - Please Help
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:11:12 AM »
Hi all,

Sorry if this is the noobiest of questions.
I have purchased the iCam app for my iPhone and I downloaded the iCamSource for my iMac and all connects really well. I get video on the iPhone from the built in iSight camera and the audio works except for some latency - is this normal???

Anyway, I was wondering if instead of having to have the iCamSource running with the computer processing video data all day - is there a way to turn on the video camera or iCamSource program on the iPhone itself when you remotely connect (e.g 3G). Is this possible and/or is this a development on the cards.

Also, last question - which webcam has been tested and working 100% on an iMac as a second camera.
I'm guessing these questions may have already been answered so if there is a link to the answers - that would be great.

Thanks very much, and thanks to the developers for a great product - keep up the excellent work!!! :)

Cheers
Damian

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iMac Questions - Please Help
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
The audio latency is from the encoding and decoding of the audio stream, so there can be some delay, yes.

Users have requested that the iCamSource not "engage" the webcam until iCam connects, but if we did implement that it would disable both the Push on Motion and Record on Motion functions since the iCamSource would no longer be able to detect motion. It is something that is on our list of features to potentially implement in the future, but it is not currently one of our top priorities.

If you are looking for another USB webcam then the one that I use is the Logitech Pro 9000, although any USB webcam that is compatible with your computer should work as well. :)