Author Topic: can anybody tell me step by step how to set up a linksys WVC54GCA on a mac...  (Read 5109 times)

joelpirela

• View Profile
And use it thru my wifi network? I'm having a hell of a problem here!
Thanks in advance!

joel

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is the exact URL are you entering into iCamSource?

Here is the MJPEG URL for the WVC54GCA:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yy/img/video.mjpeg       - MJPEG mode

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is replaced with your camera's IP address and yy is replaced with your camera's port.

Have you tried that URL yet?  I own the WVC54GCA, so it's been tested extensively with iCamSource.  We should definitely be able to get it working for you.

joelpirela

• View Profile
I can't even get the camera to become wireless. I don't know if I have to open a port on my router, I do know the ip address of the camera (10.0.1.11) but that's where I'm stuck.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you able to connect to your camera if you go to http://10.0.1.11 in your computer's web browser?

GJR

• View Profile
Just my 2 cents worth. I had so many problems with this model Linksys camera that I ended up exchanging it for a D-Link and got it working over my wi-fi network without too much difficulty. I have a Netgear router and there seemed no way that the Linksys and the Netgear were ever going to 'talk' to each other. Hope you have better luck than me.

joelpirela

• View Profile
I don't know what I did but it's working now.... it took a lot of guessing since the installer doesn't work on the mac.
it's all good now.
jp

joelpirela

• View Profile
well, it seems to loose the connection after  a while, even that even with my small knowledge, I assigned a static IP (maybe I did this wrong).
I just want icam to broadcast the signal.... do I have to open ports on my router/airport extreme?
thanks
joel

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is iCamSource crashing?  Do you see an error message on the computer?

Do you see an error message on the iPhone?  For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=174.0

joelpirela

• View Profile
no error. The camera keeps displaying the last frame it got. (this is for the wifi camera only as the others are ok) The problem I have is that I can check movement on the other wired cameras (a fan is going on and you can see part of the street on the other camera) the wifi camera is pointing at the front door, so there's no way to know if it's video or stuck in there....
joel

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you able to view your wifi camera over the internet from a web browser?  If so, the easiest way for me to troubleshoot the problem is for me to connect to your camera with a temporary login and password and analyze the video stream. If you could set it up with a temporary login and password and then email the login info (public IP address, login and password) to support@skjm.com, I'd appreciate it.  Don't post the login info in the forum (unless you want the information public and searchable).

joelpirela

• View Profile
Re: can anybody tell me step by step how to set up a linksys WVC54GCA on a mac..
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 04:02:22 AM »
it's kind of working now. Now I'm having problems with time machine.....  :-\