Author Topic: no video  (Read 1304 times)

deklund

• View Profile
no video
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
I just installed version 2.5 and I am not getting any video.   The cameras work for Skype and FaceTime, but nothing on Icam.   

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: no video
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »
Did you close all programs that might try to access your camera(s), other than icamsource (i.e. Skype, FaceTime, etc)? And did you click the "Start" button in icamsource after adding the camera(s) as a source? Are they USB cameras (plugged into your computer) or IP cameras (connected to your router)? I'm assuming USB cameras. If so, how many are you trying to use at once, and are they plugged directly into the computer (no USB hubs)? I ask because some computers don't have enough power to use more than one or 2 USB cameras at a time. Let's assume you have 2 USB cameras (includes any built-in cameras)....try accessing one camera through Skype, and accessing the other camera through FaceTime so that both cameras are being used at the same time. Does that work or not? If not, then you have a power limitation. A solution would be to swap out all USB cameras except one with IP cameras. A good, cheap one (based on my experience) is the LOFTEK CXS-2200, as it has night vision, pan/tilt, audio, and a decent image.