Author Topic: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?  (Read 112496 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »
Just checked my ip and it is the 198. I have at&t. As stated in previous post when I upgraded to the new Iphone 4s and instlled icam app the app crashes upon opening. I have no problem with Iphone 3gs that has not updated opperating system. I am in fLORIDA

Have you tried deleting iCam from your iPhone and re-downloading it from the Apple App Store? If you use the same iTunes account you will not be charged a second time.

Jeffw

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »
I am in the West Palm Beach, FL area (33462) and have IP address starting with 198 and was having this problem.  I check Auto-config Router and this corrected my problem.
Thanks,
Jeff

j-mee

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
Hi, I just purchased iCam and I can't get it to work over 3G.  I'm located in Irvine, CA, and my IP starts with 68.  I tried checking the Auto-Config Router box, no luck.  I then followed the Port Forwarding instructions and I get the "iCam Broker Server could not be connected to" error message.  I'm able to connect through Wi-Fi only.  Any suggestions on what to try next?  Thanks.

Update: I should mention I'm on AT&T also.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:38:35 PM by j-mee »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »
Hi, I just purchased iCam and I can't get it to work over 3G.  I'm located in Irvine, CA, and my IP starts with 68.  I tried checking the Auto-Config Router box, no luck.  I then followed the Port Forwarding instructions and I get the "iCam Broker Server could not be connected to" error message.  I'm able to connect through Wi-Fi only.  Any suggestions on what to try next?  Thanks.

Update: I should mention I'm on AT&T also.

If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings. Please reference this post and your username in your email.

ProfessorM

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
OK, we have two iPhones in our household, one on AT&T (iPhone 4), and one on Verizon (iPhone 4S). 

iCam works great on both with WiFi as well as the Verizon 3G network, but never connects on the AT&T 3G network any more (it used to connect until the end of June, 2012).  My IP address on the AT&T 3G Network starts with "166" and I live in Putnam County, NY (10512).

Help!

ProfessorM

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »
Update - checked auto config router and all is well.  Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »

I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

priceisright218

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
IP Information: 12.52.88.2
i am in Victoria, TX
I can connect through the wifi but not on the 3g. It says "source connection error-one or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to."

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

teej

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2012, 12:33:45 AM »
I am starting to see same problems on verizon now can connect on 3g while in chicago but cannot connect when in my home market have tried all the fixes as stated above with no avail however can use a galaxy nexus when im in my home market but not my droid razr or droid 4 any fix in site for these issues????? udp port shows open have tried with upnp and also have tried with manual port forwarding the only difference i can find between the gallaxy and the droid phones is a slight difference in ip addresses one ends in .79 and the other ends in .103 looking like a market by market issues hope this doesnt end icam as more markets keep it from working

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

elkskins_j

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
hello, im an old school icam user, havent used the app or my security system since first started having 3g connection issues with att.  before that everything worked great. i now want to use it again, and find the same ol problems.
First note that i have done the following:
updated app and desktop windows versions
everything works great over wifi
portchecker shows udp port is open
auto-config router box is checked as well is the port range box
dlink router has spi disabled
port range 12000-12100 is being forwarded on router for correct device( even put this device in the DMZ and still dont work over 4g )
my public ip address on my mobile device is 198.#.#.#

again it works great over wifi, just no connections over 3,4g

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
If you have manually forwarded UDP ports to your computer, please leave the Port Forward Range checkbox checked, but uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox.

Also, what is the model of your DLink router and the brand / model of your modem? (Some modems are modem / router combos, and can have firewall settings enabled in them as well.)

hello, im an old school icam user, havent used the app or my security system since first started having 3g connection issues with att.  before that everything worked great. i now want to use it again, and find the same ol problems.
First note that i have done the following:
updated app and desktop windows versions
everything works great over wifi
portchecker shows udp port is open
auto-config router box is checked as well is the port range box
dlink router has spi disabled
port range 12000-12100 is being forwarded on router for correct device( even put this device in the DMZ and still dont work over 4g )
my public ip address on my mobile device is 198.#.#.#

again it works great over wifi, just no connections over 3,4g

elkskins_j

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »
dlink dir665 router, and an arris tm502g modem, i have checked and unchecked boxes and neither works

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12100

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12100 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:49:06 AM by SKJM Support »