Author Topic: Getting notifications ok, app says 'source connection error'  (Read 1515 times)

alinicoll

• View Profile
Hi,

Downloaded Windows 7 software on PC from website and connected to USB camera without issue.

Downloaded iOS app and got 'source connection error' and after Norton firewall was turned off for 15 mins, was able to connect to camera with the app. Worked okay for about 2 hours without issue. On same network.

An hour later, received motion notification alert on ipad. Opened app and received source connection error. Thought ok, firewall issue again but thought I would restart PC to see what happens. Opened ipad app again and connected to camera no problem.

Few hours later, receive another motion notification. Again when app was opened received same connection error.

Stumped. Everything, ipad, Windows and camera is up to date with drivers etc.

Any help please on how to resolve so I can connect to camera with app when notification is received.

Thanks in advance.

Ali

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Getting notifications ok, app says 'source connection error'
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
The only time I had this issue was when there was a port forwarding issue. Typically, if you have only one camera, you should leave the "auto router config" box unchecked. If you have 2 or more cameras, check that box AND ensure that uPNP is enabled in your router. Additionally, you might have to allow icamsource.exe access to the Internet through your software firewall (Norton in this case). If neither of the above options work, you'd likely want to try manual port forwarding.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting notifications ok, app says 'source connection error'
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
One other thing you might check is to go to http://whatismyipaddress.com from the computer running the iCamSource, and noting what your computer's external IP address is. Then, when you are unable to connect, visit it again and see if it has changed. If so, then that may be the cause of the issue, and we do have a solution to handle it.

alinicoll

• View Profile
Getting notifications ok, app says 'source connection error'
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Will look into his over the weekend and report back.
Ali

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD