Author Topic: No video (just blank)  (Read 2720 times)

altoidboy

• View Profile
No video (just blank)
« on: March 26, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
I've been running iCamSource on my Mac for more than a year now. 10.6.7, latest everything. USB Logitech camera that works perfectly in other apps (iChat, Skype, etc.) Now it stopped working in iCamSource.

When I open the iCamSource prefs, I see a completely white blank preview screen. Under USB/FW/Built-in, I do see Audio: 5-Logitech Camera and Video: 1-Logitech Camera listed there. (If I pull down those menus I see other available audio sources.)

But no matter what I do, the actual video doesn't appear here, and therefore, iCamSource doesn't see any motion detection so doesn't record.

I have tried: (1) restarting and launching iCamSource first (before iChat, Skype, etc.), (2) different USB ports including ones on the computer not a hub, (3) trashing iCamSource prefs. None of this fixes it.

Anytime I launch Skype or iChat, the same camera works perfectly.

Any ideas on further things to try?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No video (just blank)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

altoidboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »
Thanks for your help, but unfortunately that didn't work. I quit iCamSource, trashed the prefs, updated it to the latest version, relaunched it, and still nothing.

Also, I unplugged all my USB devices, powered down the computer, replugged them all back in, and no change.

Forgot to mention this is the Logitech webcam for Mac, and Logitech says it doesn't need any drivers -- it's class-compliant so works natively in the OS. (And Skype and iChat see the camera just fine and use it fine. But I do launch iCamSource FIRST.)

Here's my screenshot. As you can see, iCamSource sees the camera...but it pulls no video from it. It used to work perfectly on this computer up until a couple of months ago.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a4ba4a126142329

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »
Have you tried Stopping iCamSource, re-adding the camera, then delete the old copy of it. Also, remember to put a login/password in and hit the Start Button.

altoidboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
Wow! That did it. It just sprang to life!

Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
Glad it's working for you!  ;D