Author Topic: DSC-930L issue  (Read 5228 times)

Druv3us

• View Profile
DSC-930L issue
« on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
Hi Guys;

I'm new to the forum.

I have a netgear router and a d-link DSC-930L camera
I've got the camera set up in my network fine.
I can log into the D-link site and see what the camera sees through their site.
I added the DSC-930L to Icamsource but it doesnt work yet.

The GUI keeps telling me "Your network IP camera could not be connected to. Please make sure the Camera URL contains the network address for your camera"
I have the 192.168.xxx.xxx. etc correct and the Camera login and the Camera password are correct too.

Am I missing something?
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Druv3us

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DSC-930L issue
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »
If your camera outputs MJPEG formatted data, it’ll probably work with iCamSource.

When you run iCamSource, you’ll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn’t something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera’s IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address: login:password@Camera_address

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:30:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply

I typed in the address but I'm unclear about what you want me to do with the password@Camera_address pasword etc.

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »
I've tried to put in [login]
and [password]@Camera_address

Doesn't accept it

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »
Any help would be great.
I have a limited time to return the camera if it wont work with your app.

Drew

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
Not sure what happened to SKJM support, but you need both the login and password separated by a colon. Example if the login/username is "admin" and the password is "123456":

admin:123456@192.168.20.50

Have you tried that format?

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »
Hi OUAnthony

Thank you for your post.
I'm sadly a little lost at what the website wants from me.
When I go to this site
http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php
to see if I can get my camera to work with Icamsource it has a drop down menu asking for the
Name and Password
I've as far as renaming the name and password to camera and camera (I'll change that if and when I get this working)

I just want to get my DCS-930L to take pictures like I can get from the webcam in my mac.

If you can tell me exactly how I'm to do that I'll be eternally grateful.

Drew

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »
There is no drop-down menu at the page you linked. If you are seeing a drop-down, it's likely previous entries that you typed into the box on the left. You need to follow the format that I provided in the example. The only thing I didn't identify in my example was the IP address, which was "192.168.20.50".

Your first step is to identify the IP address of the camera. In Windows 7, you can probably find this by browsing the "Network" (I have a link on my desktop titled "Network". If you are missing it, Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Network -- top middle icon). This is the IP address that you use to access the camera's login page from Internet Explorer/Safari/etc on your computer. The login/username and password is what you use on the camera's login page to access the camera's settings. If you are unsure what the username and password are for your camera, they are likely still the defaults, which can be found in your camera's documentation. So if the IP address of your camera was 192.168.20.50 (it won't be), and the default or current username was "admin" and the password was "123456", you would enter the following in the left box on the page that you linked (and leave the right box set to 80):

admin:123456@192.168.20.50

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »
When I go to the page
http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php
I tells me to put in my IP and port (the port is already typed as 80)
when I put in my IP address a drop down menu says,

To view this page, you must log in to area "DCS-930L" on 192.168.1.14:80

Name:
Password:

I made my password simple so I don't screw it up while in this set up phase and still nothing.

I don't know what I'm missing here. I'm knowledgeable enough with computers to know that this should be working by now.
Drew

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »
Did that message only pop up once, or multiple times? Also, when you enter your camera's login/password information, does another message pop up?

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »
The drop down menu keeps popping up when I try to input a login and password.
I have to keep clicking cancel until all the links listed below load a question mark in a blue square.

The iCam site says the D-Link camera is compatible.
There must be something missing.

Any help?

Drew

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 03:14:32 PM »
If you're canceling the login the mjpeg_test site won't work.

Please try disabling the login/password authentication on the camera temporarily (so the popup doesn't appear), then load the mjpeg_test.php page. If the camera authentication is off, the pop-up won't appear, so the mjpeg_test page should work properly.  Once you've determined the correct URL for your camera, you can re-enable the authentication on the camera.

Druv3us

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
I've reset the camera and now it has no login or password.

I went to the site and the login drop down menu still drops down.
I click log in and it drops down again.
I click log in until it stops dropping down.
Beside each link it says error file not found

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=1847.0

They say it works.

Any other help would be great.
It seems Icamsource is the only app I can find that takes snapshots on motion.
I'm remaining hopeful

By the way, now the icam gui says 401 - Webcam Authorization failure - Please make sure that the Camera Login and Password are correct and try again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:10:55 PM by Druv3us »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »
Please send a screenshot of the iCamSource Preference Pane, to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.