Author Topic: Upgraded to iCam 2.4.2 from 2.4.1 ERROR  (Read 2873 times)

devineentity

• View Profile
Upgraded to iCam 2.4.2 from 2.4.1 ERROR
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:36:39 AM »
Hi

I just recently upgraded to 2.4.2 and now a receive a windows error message that reads "iCamSource.exe has stopped working". Before everything worked perfectly fine, I decided to up grade because the Pan/Tilt was not working.

The program loads up, but as soon as I click start it dies. I have restarted the pc many times and tried to install another version as well and it does not help. Oddly enough, although I installed a previous version it still says "iCam Source Preferences 2.4.2" in the window title. I have vista + 2 Wansview IP  cameras. Can someone please help?????

Thanks

Nelson

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded to iCam 2.4.2 from 2.4.1 ERROR
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 02:05:10 AM »
It's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

zzzdeprived

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
I was thinking of buying the wansview camera... how does it work for you? Anyone else have this camera?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
I was thinking of buying the wansview camera... how does it work for you? Anyone else have this camera?

We haven't tested with Wansview cameras, but according to the specifications (http://wansview.net/products.html) most Models appear to output MJPEG formatted data, so they'll probably work with iCamSource.