Author Topic: Foscam FI8904W WiFi setting up connection issues ? Please help !  (Read 13238 times)

twocik

• View Profile

Trying to setup the Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wifi cam and having issue connecting wifi.  I have everything just about setup but can't get the share key setup screen working.   I'm a mac user and have comcast + Netgear N300 wireless router.  I also have a Cisco wireless-N WVC80N, but I'll get to that next.

Following the Foscam manual (mac user section) and set everything up like it says. 
- Got the wire & wifi antenna all screwed in
- IP camera tool installed and the IP cams http://  number/link
- Using the iCam setup page for wireless cams I added this into my Icam computer app on my macbook pro and can see the video working great.  Problem is I can't see anything once I take the ethernet jack out of the router or Foscam camera..... 

I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I've found a few things that I have no idea how to find.   First where do I find a share key ?   I've log into my Netgear settings and I don't see anything that looks like this.

Next I'm reading on the Foscam site (not sure if this has anything to do with the iCam setup and wifi connection) I can't be on N and need to be setup on b/g.  Again I have no idea what this means and guessing it is some sort of different frequency ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!   

twocik

• View Profile
Re: Foscam FI8904W WiFi setting up connection issues ? Please help !
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
Wow was the CISCO easy to setup !!   Still having problems with the wifi foscam, seems once I type in what I think is my share key (worked on the cisco), it just won't snap into wifi mode....

Any tips ?

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 04:45:02 PM »
Nevermind I got it !!   

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:32:36 PM »
Ok new problems, now I understand why people just hire professionals...     I had every camera working great, then the internet would work when trying to use the computer.  So I turned every cam off, then the internet wouldn't connect at all.  Turn the computers off and now I'm back where I started with the cams not showing up.   I didn't touch any setting, i'm thinking it's the foscam and cisco don't mix well.  Or maybe it's my macs, I have no clue.   

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Things get more complicated when you have more than one camera. Do you have both "auto configure router" checked in icamsource AND uPNP enabled in your router settings? If so, and if you haven't already tried this, try rebooting the router and computer. Sometimes it takes a reboot before uPNP starts working correctly.

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »
I've seen the option, but have no clue what this does...  Will this mess with the internet connection if I click this option to on in my router settings ?   Yes auto configure is on. 

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »
Auto configure only works if uPNP is enabled in the router. uPNP allows programs to tell the router which ports to open. In icamsource, each camera needs 7 ports to send/receive data through. The only way to get that many ports open to send/receive data is to manually forward them or to allow uPNP to do it for you.

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »
From what my UPNP says is it's on and that I have 6 ports that are active/listed.   I would take a screen shot but I have no clue what to blur out to prevent me from getting hacked.  This is the kind of info that would be great to post on the site or if someone had to time to shoot a youtube video. 

Should the advertisement be set to longer than 30 mins ?   

Should I have more than 4 hops ?

twocik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 02:06:31 PM »
Another thing that I'm not sure is correct,   I have 6 active lines in my portmap table.   2 share the same IP address and the other 4 share the same IP address, making a total of only 2 IP address's.  Does that sound correct ?  If not how do I change this ?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
It sounds like you have 2 devices on your network that are opening up ports on your router. It is safe to post that information...but do NOT post your external IP address (not to be confused with the IP address assigned to your computer(s) from the router). If you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com it will tell you your external IP address...the one that you need to hide. You could always e-mail SKJM if you aren't sure whether or not you should post it...they'll be able to help you pretty quickly I'd imagine.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »
Yes, do not post your external IP address on the forum but like OUAnthony said please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.