Author Topic: iCamSource crashes when Windows Host goes Remote Desktop  (Read 1920 times)

dreeZruleZ

• View Profile
iCamSource crashes when Windows Host goes Remote Desktop
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »
I find the designed solution for iCam outstanding, very well done, and works perfectly for me (when it works). I am having a lot of trouble on pcs (macs are working just fine).

The issue I am having is related to when the pc is being administered by a remote desktop session. First iCam shows a snapshot of the last captured image on position 0,0 of the screen (main monitor), and it stops working immediately.

Anyone knows how to fix this? I could just restart it, but it does not work well when initiated from a RDP session as well.

Can one of you suggests a batch file or script we could add when the session is initiated and finished?

Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource crashes when Windows Host goes Remote Desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:52:45 PM »
Does the iCamSource crash, or does it simply stop streaming? It may be an issue of the video / audio inputs or outputs being re-routed to the controlling computer. If you leave the audio playback on the remote host (as opposed to having it stream to the controlling host) does that have any effect?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
Just curious if you're connecting with another computer, or with your iPhone. I only RDP in with my iPhone (my app doesn't support audio forwarding) and I have never had any issues. I've also RDP'd into a Vista Home (with RDP hack) machine that was running icamsource from a XP Pro machine (again, no audio forwarding support due to non-native RDP support in Vista Home) and didn't have any issues. So hopefully that will fix you.

dreeZruleZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
Thanks for all the replies! I will check today, it might well be the audio, since my rdp session kills the audio driver. I will check and post back. I am also having issues with the firewall which I am working in implementing port forwarding.