Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223908 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 08:30:56 AM »
What error message are you seeing, Broker Connection Error, Source Connection Error, or No Sources Found?

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please be sure to reference this forum post in your e-mail.

depalmer

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 08:52:45 AM »
This sounds great but why would it work for a week and then all of a sudden stop working. Everything was working fine until this morning then I get an error message that there are currently no running icamsources associated with your existing login and password.  I even redownloaded it.  HELP!!!!
 It worked fine on my iphone both through wifi and 3g edge. Now i get it to work at home but as soon as i leave the house i get the error no sources found there are currently no running icamsources with your existing login and passsword. Help please

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 11:46:25 AM »
Does your computer go to sleep when idle? If it was working and then you receiving the No Sources Found error message then the iCamSource is most likely no longer running, so it has either been closed, crashed, or the computer has rebooted or gone to sleep.

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »
I want to say thank you for the patience in helping me sort through my problem. Since updating the iPhone, I was able to access iCam through wi-fi but not 3G. Stefan walked me through the port forwarding process and all works fine now. This is fantastic support for a $5 product. Well done and thank you. I have spread the word about iCam and everyone I have shown is impressed and has immediately bought it. No, I have no association with iCam. Keep up the good work!!

I SECOND IT!  ;D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »
:)

Zalo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 01:00:06 PM »
After clicking and reading various threads and only becoming more and more confused, I have decided to finally post and hopefully seek a reply.

To begin with, I had installed and successfully run this program just a couple days ago. Everything worked great - it worked perfectly both on my wireless network & my 3G network.

Yesterday, I formatted my computer and tried to re-install the program. I have the latest app on my iPhone (from the app store) and re-downloaded the software from the skjm website.
However, now I am unable to make this connection work. Last time around it was so straightforward I didn't even have to visit the forum (besides for automatic start-up). This time around, totally different story. I have done everything the same and have not changed anything. The login & password are identical, my router does work, and there is no other program running the camera. The program runs when I open up preferences, it just doesn't connect to my iPhone.

I have clicked Auto-Config Router. A few seconds after clicking the Start tab, the following message appears:

Error: UPnP 0: NAT-PMP 3,-5,0

I do not understand why this connection fails to conect. I have checked with my firewall settings and the program does have access to the internet.

Please help and for my own sake, please break it down. I am not very handy when it comes to problem solving computer issues - an amateur, one might say.

Thank You!

icam-c-u

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »
After clicking and reading various threads and only becoming more and more confused, I have decided to finally post and hopefully seek a reply.

To begin with, I had installed and successfully run this program just a couple days ago. Everything worked great - it worked perfectly both on my wireless network & my 3G network.

Yesterday, I formatted my computer and tried to re-install the program. I have the latest app on my iPhone (from the app store) and re-downloaded the software from the skjm website.
However, now I am unable to make this connection work. Last time around it was so straightforward I didn't even have to visit the forum (besides for automatic start-up). This time around, totally different story. I have done everything the same and have not changed anything. The login & password are identical, my router does work, and there is no other program running the camera. The program runs when I open up preferences, it just doesn't connect to my iPhone.

I have clicked Auto-Config Router. A few seconds after clicking the Start tab, the following message appears:

Error: UPnP 0: NAT-PMP 3,-5,0

I do not understand why this connection fails to conect. I have checked with my firewall settings and the program does have access to the internet.

Please help and for my own sake, please break it down. I am not very handy when it comes to problem solving computer issues - an amateur, one might say.

Thank You!

Apart from the UPnP error, do you get any other errors - on your iPhone?

I'm not sure if reformtting would affect this but have you checked if your computers IP address changed after the reformat, check this with your port forwarding setting.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
Zalo - It appears the new auto-configuration logic isn't working for some reason.  What is the Brand/Model of your router?  If your router supports UPNP or NAT-PMP, you may need to enable it in order for the auto-configuration logic to work.

If your router doesn't support UPnP or NAT-PMP, the only thing left to try is to manually configure your router for port forwarding.  There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

Zalo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »
icam-c-u:
On the iPhone, all I receive is a notification indicating that there are no sources to connect to.
The same thing used to appear before (when the program was working) when a) the computer was off and therefore the camera was not in use, or b) when my login and password did not match

Jay:
I am using a LinkSys Wireless N router - this is the same router that the program worked with just a couple days ago. I have not played with any settings (mainly because I do not know how) with the router so figured it should work the same way it did prior to the format.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Auto-Config mainly help the program to work with the 3G network. lol, I am so confused.
When I first set it up, it worked great with wireless. Then, all I did was click Auto-Config and a heading (where the Error message shows) displayed saying "Success", after which the program began to work on both the wireless network and my 3G network.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2010, 05:38:41 PM »
If iCamSource was working with the "Auto-Config Router" option before, then you may just need to reboot the router.  To do that, unplug the power cable from the router for about 10 seconds, then plug it back in.  Once your router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

davep

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
I'm getting the error message that there is no internet connection.  Has this been covered?  I get great video if I'm close to the computer but as soon as I wander I lose the picture.  Any ideas???   Thanks..    Dave

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »
I am assuming that when you "wander" you move out of range of your local WiFi network, correct? Does your phone connect via 3G or EDGE when this happens? If so, do you have a strong signal?

davep

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 12:10:38 AM »
I have 3G.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
When your iPhone reverts to connecting via 3G do you have "full bars" ie. a strong 3G signal?

davep

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »
Oh yes.  It's not the phone or the 3G network.   I am now getting the "source" message so am I right to assume it's the port problem?