Author Topic: Audio Not Working  (Read 11270 times)

mattman

• View Profile
Audio Not Working
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:40:42 AM »
Just V1.1 iCam source in both my MACPro and Mini after I update to the newest version of iCam on my iPhone 3g - each have firewire iSight cameras connected to them and I have selected iSight in the audio section drop down in the iCamSource window - Also checked to make sure iSight is checked for my device for sound input and the input volume is all the way up - still no sound on my iPhone so far when the camera is zoomed in - any help would be greatly appreciated - regards matt

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Not Working
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:45:08 AM »
mattman - Your configuration should work since I also have an external iSight and have tested it on my Mac Pro and Mac mini.

When you are zoomed in on a camera on your iPhone, have you tried turning your iPhone volume all the way up? Also, when you turn up the iPhone volume using your iPhone volume buttons, does the volume indicator say "Ringer" underneath it when you are zoomed in? If so, then your iPhone is not receiving audio data from the iCamSource. (Seeing "Ringer" when adjusting the volume when zoomed out is normal, because the iCam is not playing any audio at that time.)

mattman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »
Thanks for the advice - cool thing is the audio is working today and I have not changed a thing since my first post - regards matt

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »
Stefan...part of your reply I read said "...have you tried turning your iPhone volume all the way up? Also, when you turn up the iPhone volume using your iPhone volume buttons, does the volume indicator say "Ringer" underneath it when you are zoomed in? If so, then your iPhone is not receiving audio data from the iCamSource." This is what I am seeing. I don't have any audio - only video when I zoom in. When I use the volume buttons it shows "ringer"...your comment says that means the iPhone is not receiving audio data from iCamSource...how do I fix that? Thanks from a new user who thinks this is the coolest app I have loaded to my iPhone!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »
What make and model webcam are you currently using?

And thanks for the great feedback. :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:05:32 PM by Stefan »

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »
I just bought it last night - a Logitech 9000

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 08:35:13 PM »
Are you running on a Mac or PC? Are you choosing the Logitech Camera in the Audio drop-down list of the iCamSource?

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »
Running on a PC with Vista Ultimate. iCamSource window shows video and below shows the Video Source as Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 and Audio Source as Microphone(Logitech Mic Pro 9. They display under a USB/Firewire/Builtin tab. The selections are greyed out so that I can not select anything else.

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:57 PM »
Stefan, I wanted to let you know I stopped everything and restarted and the audio is now working....this is so cool! Thanks for a great app!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 11:26:19 PM »
Excellent news! Thanks for the update. :)

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
Sorry Stefan, it stopped working again. Any ideas as to why it would work for a while and then stop. Anything to check or verify setup wise. Anything you can think of as to why the audio would drop off when everything else appears to work fine? It was working and then it stopped working. I had left everything working OK and then checked later and I did not hear any sound and tried the volume adjuxtment and it showed "ringer". Thanks for your help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 04:20:20 PM »
Does the audio stop working while the iCamSource is running? It sounds like the iCamSource was running and you were getting audio. Then, you checked it again (without stopping the iCamSource) and you were not receiving any audio. Is that correct?

Is the Audio Enabled switch in the iCam options set? Is the microphone input still working on the computer running the iCamSource? If you tried a different audio source does that stop working for a while as well?

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 10:44:14 PM »
Yes, the audio stops working while the iCamSource is running. Yes - the iCamSource was running and I was getting audio. Then, when I checked it again (without stopping the iCamSource) I was not receiving any audio.

Yes - the Audio Enabled switch in the iCam options set is set ON.  I did have a problem with my USB devices so I changed the USB device ports around and have not had any problems since - about 5 hours ago. I'll keep monitoring and see if the audio stays on. Is it possible there is a flaky USB slot? Thanks for staying involved with this issue. Bill

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »
Yes, it could be a flaky USB slot or the device itself may be flaky. If switching the port works for you, then hopefully that was it.  :)

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 12:00:07 AM »
OK heres the update. The audio worked from last night when I updated you until this evening. I checked thru the day and always had audio so I thought switching USB ports had fixed it. This evening when I checked, there was no audio and the infamous "ringer" when I adjusted the volume. I was sitting in front of my PC with the iCamSource running - video displayed fine and no indication of anything wrong. I clicked the "Stop" button on the iCamSource screen and the iCam window on my iPhone showed "Lost connection". I then clicked on the "Start" button that had replaced the "Stop" button and the iCamSource window started displaying the video again and on my iPhone when the video appeared I zoomed and had audio again. As of now I still have audio at about 11:00PM. Any ideas about things that could interrupt the audio from working?