Author Topic: Only one camera shows on 3G  (Read 4040 times)

Intregliaj

• View Profile
Only one camera shows on 3G
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »
On my iPad icam works great, I added a second camera at another location and that camera also works great using wifi. So on wifi I see both cameras, on 3G I only see one camera, and I get the icam source error. If I get both on wifi why do I only get one( always the same one) using 3G?   Also can I get sound using my iPad and icam?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Only one camera shows on 3G
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

HackitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »
I have the same issue, on a new system i just built. asus board, intel i5. settings are the same as my old system.

I see all three cameras on the computer, but when i use either the iphone or android app, only the first camera shows.

Could this be because i need to donate? i don't remember that link in the mobile app version before.

Thanks for any help.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »
I have the same issue, on a new system i just built. asus board, intel i5. settings are the same as my old system.

I see all three cameras on the computer, but when i use either the iphone or android app, only the first camera shows.

Could this be because i need to donate? i don't remember that link in the mobile app version before.

Thanks for any help.

Do you ever see that error message when your phone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the computer running iCamSource?

The same goes. Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

No, iCam does not require a donation in order to add multiple cameras.

HackitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »
I have a staic ip on the computer and used the reg file to assign the port i want to use.
maybe i will try auto configure?

HackitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »
Ok after a few hours i give up.

I had the same setup a few days ago, changed nothing but the computer (a new build much faster) and after following all the steps on the kins for help, still can omly view one camera on wifi or 3g. all cameras show on icam source (computer running the icam source) but the android and iphone apps only show one camera.

No errors, no signs of any issue's.

I'm not sure what to do?

fyi, auto configure worked, but still only showed one camera on each mobile platform, the main one (first in the list on icam source).

So to be clear, icam source seems to find all 4 and shows all 4, m obile apps only show the camera that is first in the list.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
Make sure that you are using the exact same login and password for all of the cameras. When you use that same login/password in iCam on your iPhone, it will show all of the cameras that are using that exact login/password.

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

HackitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
ok it now works.

I just reentered the user name and password on all cameras. (even though they were already there).

Also changed the number on each camera, not sure what it does as there is no explanation. but the number with the up and down arrows. so my four cameras are now 1, 2, 3, 4.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 10:42:55 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 08:17:07 AM »
Also changed the number on each camera, not sure what it does as there is no explanation. but the number with the up and down arrows. so my four cameras are now 1, 2, 3, 4.

The numerical drop-down list located to the right of the iCam Password edit box is the Thumbnail Sort Order Index. If you are connecting to more than one camera and would like the thumbnail order to be the same every time you connect you can specify the sort order by selecting a different index for each camera. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/#icamsource