Author Topic: Is there a way to have cameras turn on only when accessed remotely?  (Read 2152 times)

vertabatt

• View Profile
My internal iSight on my LED monitor and external iSight attached to my mac are ALWAYS on when iCamSource is running, even when motion detection is off. Is there a way to have the cameras stay off until I access them with the app?

Using my display with the green LED on is quite annoying (especially in the dark), and my external iSight gets suspiciously hot when its on all day.

Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to have cameras turn on only when accessed remotely?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
No, currently there is no way to have the cameras stay off until the user access iCam. That feature has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future. However, you can use a third party VNC software to Start/Stop iCamSource remotely. Some of our users discuss VNC in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=2732.0

vertabatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Thank you for the response!

I currently use logmein and could activate the iCam Source with that, but at the same time I could just open Photo Booth and view the cameras without iCam. Seems like a rather clunky solution.

Unfortunately for me, having the cameras active all the time is a deal breaker and I'll be retiring iCam until it is addressed.

Again, thank you for the response and the hard work you've clearly put into this application.

vertabatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:16:18 AM »
I am curious if this issue has been addressed yet. I haven't seen anything in the release notes about it.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
This feature is on our list of potential features to implement in the future, however we do not have any immediate plans to implement it.