Author Topic: Audio stops after some time MacBook  (Read 3843 times)

mghenry

• View Profile
Audio stops after some time MacBook
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »
On my MacBook the audio stops working over time. The video continues to stream. I have snow leopard and am using the built in mic. All software is up to date.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio stops after some time MacBook
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »
The next time you experience this problem,

1) Make sure the iPhone isn't in silent/vibrate mode (toggle switch on upper left side of the phone, above the volume buttons).
2) Adjust the volume using the iPhone volume buttons.  If the volume display says "ringer" then no audio data is being sent to your phone.  If it doesn't say "ringer", then audio data is being sent, but it's very low or mute of some reason.
3) Go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Input.  Does the Input Level display show activity when you make noise close to your computer?

It's possible another application may have taken control of the audio input.  Please quit any audio capture programs, such as iChat or Skype, to see if the problem goes away the next time you run iCamSource.

Is your computer going to sleep?  It's possible that the program is unable to access the audio input device immediately after waking from sleep.

abresn1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »
I have a similar situation. Just setup icam (and icam source on my macbookpro) and audio worked for awhile and then stopped.

In my case adjusting the iphone volume displays "ringer". No other programs, that I can imagine hijacking the audio, are running.

I have restarted the application, phone and computer a couple times.

Any suggestions?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
Is your Built-In Mic chosen in System Preferences > Sound > Input?

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
I get audio on my iphone from my laptop's built in isight only through when the headphones are plugged in, not through speaker.

Its got a trippy delay when you are troubleshooting it.

Will it work through speakers on the iphone, at some point?

thanks!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »
The audio should work through the iPhone speakers.  Is your iPhone in Silent/Vibrate mode?

drshabazz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 02:12:05 AM »
I had a similar problem where after a while I realized that none of my cams were sending audio to my iPod even though I had heard it in the past and I had the audio settings turned on. This went on for about a week of no audio.  I was able to fix the problem by changing the username and password combination that I use to connect to iCAM - I just appended a 1 to my username on all my computers and set my iPod to connect to that name and instantly I had audio again. Sounds like there's a bug in there somewhere.