Author Topic: Using an IP video server to stream existing DVR system?  (Read 2959 times)

lanny

• View Profile
Using an IP video server to stream existing DVR system?
« on: January 30, 2011, 01:20:11 AM »
Hi
can anyone tell me if icam works with any of the IP video servers on the market? I have an existing 4ch DVR system with camera's that connect to the unit with BNC connectors. The unit also has a video out point and I was thinking of either getting a 4 channel IP video server and taking feeds from each existing camera then streaming to icamsource, or just using the one video out (grid) and making that an IP video source.

Question is, I dont know which IP video servers would work. Obviously a MJPEG/JPEG one and not the h.264 ones. Does anyone know if the IP servers out there can be set up to work with icamsource?

Thanks.

Icamuser

• View Profile
Re: Using an IP video server to stream existing DVR system?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:00:51 AM »
I have done that using ManyCam. In iCamSource you choose ManyCam as the video source and in ManyCam you choose the PC screen as its source. You will need to send the DVR output to the PC running iCamSource either by remote or some method.

In my case I use the DVR remote viewer on my PC and set it to display the 4 cameras. ManyCam reads the PC screen and iCamsource picks up the video from ManyCam and sends it to the phone. Clunky and more net intense since in my case the DVR/PC is in another state.

http://www.manycam.com/

crashed56

• View Profile
Re: Using an IP video server to stream existing DVR system?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
Sorry i know this post is really old.
Lanny, I am trying to do the same thing. I was wondering if you ever found a solution?  I am wondering if the axis 240q or something like this would work.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IP-Video-Network-Web-Server-4-Surveillance-Camera-/300742853961?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D320866194182%26ps%3D54#ht_1612wt_1139