Author Topic: icamsource freezing  (Read 21320 times)

ispywithmylittleeye

• View Profile
icamsource freezing
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
Hi there I'm running icamsource 2.5 and a usb camera on a macbook with osx 10.8.2 and am having problems with it freezing. I can turn the computer on and it works fine for about 10 minutes and then the image freezes. Sometimes it is enough to stop the camera , wait for a few minutes and then start it again , sometimes I have to stop icamsource and then start it again. Other times it's a case of turning the computer off and on again. Please help before I pull out all my hair   :'(

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: icamsource freezing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »
We've heard reports of problems of certain Mac models that prevent multiple USB cameras working simultaneously due to an issue with the USB bus. It isn't a problem with iCamSource in particular, because the problem occurs with other programs as well.

You can find out if this is the problem you are experiencing by trying to open two of the cameras in different programs simultaneously (such as iChat or Photobooth).  For example, open one camera in Photobooth and then try to open a different camera in iChat.

Also, please send a screenshot of the iCamSource window to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings.

ispywithmylittleeye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
I have only one camera on the system. :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »
ispywithmylittleeye is receiving support via email