Author Topic: Still Haveing Problems With 3G And Edge  (Read 2358 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Still Haveing Problems With 3G And Edge
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »
 About A Month Ago I Started Having Problems Viewing All 4 Of My Web Cams On My iPhone 3GS Using 3G Or Edge Network. I Keep Getting The "Source Connection Error". I Can Still View All 4 Using A WiFi Connection Without Any Problems, Even If It's Not My Own Network. This Problem Fixed Itself For A Couple Weeks But As Of Last Week I'm Still Not Able To View Any Cameras On 3G Or Edge. I Have Been Using iCam For About 7 Months Now And Have Never Had Any Problems Viewing On 3G Or Edge. Any Idea What Has Caused This Problem Literally Overnight? I Have Talked To AT&T's Tech Support 3 Times And They Have Told Me That They Have No Towers Down Or In Need Of Repair. They Also Suggested That It Might Be The iCam Software That Is Causing The Problem (Which Doesn't Make Sense To Me Since I Can Still View The Cameras On WiFi, Just Not On 3G Or Edge). I Have Talked To Apple And They Said It Sounded Like An AT&T Problem. So, I'm Not Sure Where To Turn To Fix This Problem. I Have Upgraded To The Current Version Of iCam Source, I Have Uninstalled And Reinstalled The App On My iPhone, I Have Reset My Network Settings On My iPhone, I Have Rebooted The Computer, Modem And Router And Reconnected All The Cameras. Please Help! I'm Not Sure What To Do Next!

rkivz

• View Profile
Re: Still Haveing Problems With 3G And Edge
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:19:31 AM »
Upon Posting This, I Happened To Read Another Post On This Same Issue Where Port Forwarding Was The Solution. After, Following The Step By Step Process, I Can Successfully View All Cameras Through 3G, Edge And WiFi. ;D My Only Question Now Is, If I Have Open Ports, Does That Create A Security Risk To My Network?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

There's always some risk involved when opening ports, but it's minimal. The risk would be if you were to download a virus that listens on a port in that range however that port range is not a commonly used port range. Running anti-virus software should reduce that risk.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »
I Run Anti-Virus On A Regular Basis, So I Should Be Good. Once Again, Thank You For Your Time And Incredible Service And Support! ;D

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »
You are most welcome.  :)