Author Topic: iCam app not working on android  (Read 2456 times)

rae820

• View Profile
iCam app not working on android
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »
I have had iCam since around October of 2013.  I haven't had as many problems as I have had recently.  Initially, it was because my laptop would run out of power or would hibernate or even restart after installing updates. 

My BF and I both have the app on our phone.  I have a galaxy S4, he has an older phone, but different and they both have different operating systems.  The iCam app repeatedly says "source connection error One or more of the iCam Sources returned by the iCam broker Server could not be connected to."

It was running and working at 7:00 am this morning and 3 hours later - WITH NO CHANGES, it is not.  And this is how it goes EVERY DAY !   I am getting extremely frustrated as this was a paid app and security is an issue at my house.  I can remote connect to my laptop and the program on the computer is on and running and I can see what is happening outside of my house live.  I have deleted the cache in the app, deleted the data, restarted my phone.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  My login info is correct. 

Please tell me what is wrong with this app?!?!??!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam app not working on android
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

rae820

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
That seemed to work for now.  I was not able to view the camera before I clicked the check mark.  Then I checked it on my computer, and tried the iCam app, and it works now.  However, I have red text that says "UPnP may not be enabled".  If it is working now, will it stay working?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:50:59 AM »
If your router supports UPNP or NAT-PMP, you may need to enable it in order for the auto-configuration logic to continue working.

If your router doesn’t support UPnP or NAT-PMP, the only thing left to try is to manually configure your router for port forwarding.

There’s more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0