Author Topic: Getting myself a bit frazzled here and need some help .... Icam  (Read 1418 times)

icamgirl

• View Profile
Have had this app for quite a while now with no major problems, until a couple of months ago, from my iphone it would tell me that my sources were not found.

Checked that the user & passwords all matched. All software was up to date.
Firewall is off.

When I would click on the icon on the desktop it would turn on the green light of camera but could not find the screen to open a live view.

Decided to un & then re-install the app.
Now when I go to log in it says on my computer, " There are currently no running i Cam Sources
associated with your existing login and password "
At this point Im just confused as to where to even begin.

Lets start by - how do I simply get the app to give me the start screen to put in user name, see live view etc ?

Thanks so much
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:58:29 PM by icamgirl »

icamgirl

• View Profile
Re: Getting myself a bit frazzled here and need some help .... Icam
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »
btw .. using Mac osx & iphone 3gs

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting myself a bit frazzled here and need some help .... Icam
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »
It sounds like the iCamSource window may be hidden. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menubar(Mac). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

Do you see the words "Connecting …" or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title when you click the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1