Author Topic: No Cameras Detected  (Read 2480 times)

reaper96

• View Profile
No Cameras Detected
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:04:29 PM »
I am running Windows Vista on my computer with 8 cameras plugged directly into the back of the computer. It is a Netrome System. When I installed Icamsource, it told me that there were no cameras detected and there are no cameras listed in the drop down box for video sources. The cameras come up when I'm running Netrome's "blackbox" camera program, so I know the video feed is working. Help?????

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: No Cameras Detected
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
iCam is for IP cameras, built-in webcams, or USB cameras...in other words, digital video feeds. I believe your Netrome cameras are actually analog video (but they hook up to a card in your computer that convert the video to digital). If your "capture card" (the DVR card that your cameras hook up to) doesn't show up as a potential camera source, then I think you are SOL as far as these cameras go. I say that....but there is a possible workaround, which is to install ManyCam and set up your computer's desktop as the camera source in the ManyCam program. Then choose ManyCam as your source in icamsource. This will stream your computer desktop to your phone. The problem is that you would need to disable the screensaver...and might need to disable the power off settings for the monitor (not sure about this one). Another problem...icamsource is going to shrink your desktop resolution in the video feed down to 640x480, which means you're not going to really be able to see any of the video feeds. You'd be better off buying a couple of wireless IP cameras or something....unless Stefan or Jay know something that I don't. Anyway, good luck!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Cameras Detected
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 01:37:03 AM »
Thanks OUAnthony, all of that info is correct, couldn't have said it better myself :)