Author Topic: iCam Source works, iCam Source Pro does not  (Read 1585 times)

ktappe

• View Profile
iCam Source works, iCam Source Pro does not
« on: February 16, 2022, 11:27:13 AM »
I've been using iCam Source for years to repurpose an old MacBook into a webcam. 

I recently bought iCam Source Pro for an old iPad to do the same with it.

Problem is, the latter doesn't show up as a source on my iPhone.  I've quadruple-checked that I'm using the exact same username and password on both.  However, I can only view the MacBook, not the iPad. 

I tried turning off high resolution and sound in case those were the problem, but no go.  The iPad simply won't show up as a source.  What other troubleshooting can I perform to get it working?

ktappe

• View Profile
Re: iCam Source works, iCam Source Pro does not
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 12:11:31 PM »
A thought:  Is there any chance this is because I bought iCamSource Pro instead of iCamSource?  Do they use different databases and connections?  If so, that's rather non-intuitive, IMHO.  Did I waste $5 on a purchase I now can't use?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source works, iCam Source Pro does not
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 05:05:34 PM »
Yes, iCam and iCam Pro are not compatible with each other, so if you are using iCam with the iCamSource, then you would want to use iCamSource Mobile, not the iCamSource Pro Mobile. (Essentially the apps that work together have the same app icons.)

If you purchased the incorrect app, you can ask Apple for a refund: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084