Author Topic: unable to connect icam with 3G network  (Read 1755 times)

city2820

• View Profile
unable to connect icam with 3G network
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:03:42 AM »
Hi, Recent i just purchase the icam software. i'm facing the problem as below:

1. No problem to connect with local wifi.
2. unable the connect woth 3G network.
3. Turn on the Upnp on my modem.
4. Check the Auto config router.
5. The icam source status: Connecting.........

My modem model is Dlink DSL-2640T.

Hope can help us to solve the problem.
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: unable to connect icam with 3G network
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »
Does your modem/router support UPnP, and if so, is it enabled?

If not, then the Auto-Config Router won't work for you, and you might need to revert to manually forwarding UDP ports 12000-12100 in your router to the computer running the iCamSource. The step-by-step port forwarding instructions can be found in this Support Forum Post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

city2820

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
Does your modem/router support UPnP, and if so, is it enabled?

If not, then the Auto-Config Router won't work for you, and you might need to revert to manually forwarding UDP ports 12000-12100 in your router to the computer running the iCamSource. The step-by-step port forwarding instructions can be found in this Support Forum Post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

after i setting the port forwarding, now the icam can work with the lan cable with my laptop. But still unable to work with wifi network. The status as below:

1. Connect the modem with Lan cable. Can work with 3G network. The icamsource status is: Connected to server.
2. Connect the modem with wifi. Unable to connect with 3G network. The icamsource status is: Connect to server.
    The icam error on my ihpone is:Source connecion error.( one or more of the icsmsource returned by the icam broker server. conld not be connected to.

iPlease advise.. thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:42 AM »
If you manually forwarded ports in your router to the computer running the iCamSource and it worked when it was connected via the LAN cable but not WiFi the issue is most likely that your computer is assigned a different IP address when connecting via WiFi, so you would have to update your port forwarding rules accordingly.