Author Topic: Trouble viewing more than 4 cameras  (Read 2510 times)

Fubar

• View Profile
Trouble viewing more than 4 cameras
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:20 PM »
The new features for the iPhone app state that you can view up to 12 cameras.  When I run more than four cameras I don't know how to view them.  I only can view the first four.  Any suggestions?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble viewing more than 4 cameras
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
iCam 2.0 should adjust the thumbnail size if you are running more than 4 iCamSources with the same iCam Login and Password.

I would make sure that you are running iCam 2.0 (in the iCam Options screen) and that you are running more than 4 iCamSources (or the latest iCamSource with more than 4 cameras) with the same iCam Login and Password.

Fubar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »
The problem happens when I am running iCam on two different Macs.  When I moved all cameras to one Mac it worked fine.  I am running iCam 2.0 and iCamSource 2.1. 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »
Are you using the same iCam Login and Password combination on both iCamSources? Are both Macs on the same local network, connected to the same router?

Fubar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »
Yes, I am using the same Login and password on both sources.  Yes, both Macs are on the same network connected to the same router.  I'll have more time to troubleshoot today.

Fubar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
I got it to work.  I don't know what fixed the problem.  I restarted both Macs but that didn't seem to help.  Starting and stopping iCamSource multiple times seemed to fix the problem.  I now have 11 cameras operating.  I'm not sure what the problem was.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »
Glad you got things working. :)

11 cameras!?! Wow ... That's impressive.  ;D