Author Topic: Memory leak on Windows Vista  (Read 1432 times)

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
Memory leak on Windows Vista
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »
Since the beginning, I've been experiencing a memory leak on a Windows Vista machine using version 1.4.x and a swann wi-fi camera on a local wi-fi network.  I find the problem is still there with version  2.1.1.  After letting it run last night, the memory usage was up to almost 1 GB and the program was unresponsive.  I've confirmed that there are no outstanding updates on my Windows Vista installation.

I've set up  a watchdog script to stop and restart iCamSource when then memory usage exceeds 400 MB, but would certainly like to avoid that.

Regards. 

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
Re: Memory leak on Windows Vista -- Resolved
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:46:02 AM »
I think I found the source of the problem.  I realized last night that when the task manager showed iCamSource using 100's of MB of data and acting sluggish, the time stamps on the camera images were about 40 minutes behind the current time.  So it looks like iCamSource was having trouble keeping up with the frame rate of the camera, creating a growing backlog of images.  I changed the camera configuration to operate at 5 fps and it's been working fine ever since.