Author Topic: iOS Event Viewer closes camera connection  (Read 3236 times)

michelb

• View Profile
iOS Event Viewer closes camera connection
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:56:14 AM »
When I open a camera in iCam, I click view motion events. That's when the system tries to retrieve photos -- but then times out. The camera disappears returning the error "Connection Closed." iCamSource is still running however.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iOS Event Viewer closes camera connection
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
I experience a similar issue when I attempt to delete all of my motion events for a particular camera at once (on a 5 year old computer). The camera will often lose connection (for a minute or 2). I don't know for sure, but I think this issue is occurring because the processor usage spikes (while deleting many files/folders). If you're on a Windows computer, try hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL and viewing the Task manager (might have to click "Show processes from all users" at the bottom)...then scroll down until you see icamsource.exe. In the CPU column, you'll see the percentage of the CPU (processor) usage that icamsource is using. View it before opening the iCam app, while viewing the camera in iCam, then while trying to view your motion events in iCam. If it reaches a significant percentage (or your total CPU usage - displayed at the very bottom/center of the Task Manager window reaches 100%), that's probably what is happening. Or it could possible be a memory issue if your "physical memory" (also displayed at the bottom of the Task Manager window) is reaching 100%.

michelb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »
I'm currently running a Mac...same issue with the new version of iCamSource.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:06 AM »
On a Mac you can check to see if the CPU usage spikes for the iCamSource process in the Applications > Utilties > Activity Monitor.

If you have a very large number of events on a slower or bogged-down computer it may take a long time to catalog them, causing the connection to time out.

Douggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Issue by there too.
On iMac with 10.8.4 and icamsource 2.7, and android icam 1.6

When i want to see the log events with my smartphone, crashing icamsource on mac since this version.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Does version 2.6 of the iCamSource have the same issue? Also, michelb, are you running the iOS or Android version of iCam?

Douggy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »
2.6 haven't this issue. Use it some minutes ago and it was OK.
Juste after installing 2.7, Crash. I launch again . And after, Each time I'm going on motion events, The event's thumbnail are are blur or black on android (fine on icamsource) and when I'm going on an event, I'm seeing "Loading" on the smartphone android and nothing. Sometime, icamsource on mac crash at this moment.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
Ok, we are able to replicate the issue with the Android version of iCam and the latest version (2.7) of the iCamSource.

For now, I would suggest reverting back to version 2.6 of the iCamSource until we can determine the issue and release an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
We have a new Mac version of the iCamSource available (2.7.1)  that should address this issue:

Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.7.1.dmg
Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 (Tiger & Leopard) - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource_Tiger_Leopard_2.7.1.dmg

Please let me know if that fixes the Motion Event viewing crash from Android iCam.

Thanks! :)

Douggy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »
It seems to work, thanks. But some weirds things left. I'll make few tests.... and i'll be back :-)