Author Topic: non tech-y mom needs help  (Read 1622 times)

BK190

• View Profile
non tech-y mom needs help
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »
I am completely a non tech savvy mom and I  need help choosing a camera to support this icam app. I am wanting to use the camera in my kids playroom that has wifi. What is the easiest camera for me. I also want audio.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: non tech-y mom needs help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Per a post on these forums, iCam supports audio for the following IP cameras:

AirLink101 SkyIPCam500
AirLink101 SkyIPCam500W
AirLink101 SkyIPCam747W

The bottom 2 cameras are wireless, I am assuming. I know there are other cameras that also support audio, because I've seen them mentioned over the past few months....but I can't recall which brands/models. Also, I believe the bottom camera has the ability to pan/tilt/zoom (in addition to supporting audio)...and iCam supports that feature. This would allow you to look around the room in iCam (and hear in on it) instead of seeing only one spot...handy for keeping an eye on the kiddos. In fact, I think that camera also has night vision...just make sure you don't mount it behind glass (the IR reflects off and blinds the camera). Good luck!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
Seems like the 747W has been discontinued...but I think this would be the replacement/equivalent:

http://www.meritline.com/skyipcam-aicn747w-network-ip-camera---p-67876.aspx#2

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:14:18 AM »
I have the Airlink 747W and the newer 1747W. They are similar cameras, except that the 1747W has a WPS button which makes it easier to connect wirelessly to your network (as long as your router supports WPS). They work well for indoor viewing with night vision and pan/tilt.