Author Topic: Mysterious motion detected!!  (Read 2899 times)

icam-c-u

• View Profile
Mysterious motion detected!!
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:05:24 AM »
OK, last night before going to bed I was playing with my iPhone and launched iCam, iCamSource is NOT running on my computer as it’s turned OFF.

I decided to change my login details on iCam from what I have been using during testing, to what I want to use going forward.
I picked something that isn’t easy for others to guess and I don’t think anyone else would be using it in this combination.
Got a “No Sources Found – There are currently no running iCamSources associated with your existing login and password”, turned it off and went to sleep.

At 05:53 (AM London), I was woken by “Motion Detected – Camera 2010-09-24 12:53” (I’m a light sleeper), I clicked on view and got no image just “No Sources Found – There are currently no running iCamSources associated with your existing login and password”, this really freaked me out that motion was detected when my computer is turned off, I thought maybe someone else has the same login details but why couldn’t I see the camera feed? And looking at the time difference + 7 hours, I’m guessing someone in China?

Motion was detected twice within 10 minutes.

So what’s going on here? Has anyone else experienced this?

??? ??? ???

p.s. I read about the SHA-1 stuff, if the login details are the same as someone else’s, I should be able to see their feeds?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious motion detected!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 01:30:41 AM »
Were you using an easily guessed login/password while you were testing (such as test/test)?  If so, then the notifications might have been for that account. 

When you connected with the new login/password and saw the No Sources Found error, your iPhone's notification token should have been associated with the new login/password (and dissociated with the old login/password).  However, if the connection was closed quickly (before the iPhone's notification token was sent), then the iPhone would still be associated with the old login/password.

If that is the case, you just need to run iCam on your iPhone and not close the app immediately when you see the No Sources Found error.  Give it a few seconds to send the iPhone's token to the server.

icam-c-u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »
Hi Jay,

I wasn't using anything as obvious as test/test but it was a password same as username combo.

When I open iCam, I don't normally just close it straight away, even though I don't have iCamSource running I do click on the refresh button a few times.

I have left the new username and password on the iPhone since I changed it the other night and I haven't had any further Motion Detected (but I will add numbers to make it more unique).

The reason why I don't think it has anything to do with my old account and more to someone else using the same credentials, is because the motion was detected in a future time.

Pharohbender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »
this has just happend to a friend of mine with him able to see some one elses cam. note his password and user name was pretty simple so use a bigger password i guess.
how long does it take for icam to refresh user/passwords??

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »
this has just happend to a friend of mine with him able to see some one elses cam. note his password and user name was pretty simple so use a bigger password i guess.
how long does it take for icam to refresh user/passwords??

The iCam Login and Password should be as secure as any other login / password account you have on the Internet. If you are using something simple for your password like "password" or "1234" on, for example, your banking website, then you are just asking for trouble. Think of your iCam Login and Password combination as you would any other sensitive account on the Internet. (That is, of course, unless you don't mind strangers checking out your cameras.)  ;)

If you stop the iCamSource and re-enter a different password it is immediately updated when you click Start. Once you connect to the new iCamSource using iCam your iPhone will be registered to receive Push Notifications for the new account.