Author Topic: Modem compatibility  (Read 2122 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Modem compatibility
« on: June 12, 2014, 10:22:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

Does anyone out there have a list of modems that are incompatible with iCam. I'm replacing my modem and the one my service provider supplies (Mediacom) is a docsis 3, i believe. Just wanting to avoid any connectivity issues with iCam.

Thanks everyone!!
 Ryan

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Modem compatibility
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
Thank you for your post.

A docsis 3 modem should work fine. However, some modems have an integrated router which might cause connectivity problems, especially if there’s already another router on the local network. If you know the Brand/Model of the modem, we could check to see if it has an integrated router.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »
Thank you so much! When I find out the model, I will post here to see if it is compatible. It was also my understanding, from my service provider anyway, that by default, the router is turned off on their combo modem/routers. If that's the case, it would hope it wouldn't be an issue.  Thank you very much for your reply! As always, amazing tech support from you guys! :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
You are most welcome. Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.