Author Topic: Running iCam on multiple PCs-Same Wifi network-Same Account  (Read 2439 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Running iCam on multiple PCs-Same Wifi network-Same Account
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:55:46 PM »
 Hey everyone! Had a quick question. I've been running iCam Source on a Windows 7 PC with 4 webcams for a couple years now. Everything works great! I've recently acquired a second PC and would like to expand my collection of cameras.
  My question is:
      Can I set up cameras on 2 different PCs, simply by downloading iCam Source on the new PC (which is on the same WiFi network BUT not hardwired to the router) and then opening the same port range in my router that I have open for the old PC, but now including the IP address of the new PC?

Ideally, when I'd open the iCam app on my iPhone, I'd see a collection of all the cameras from both PCs on the screen simultaneously, even though they'd be from 2 separate IP addresses. Am I correct in thinking this and did I leave any steps out?

As always, thank you for your time and assistance with this matter. This forum has always been great to me!
Ryan

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Running iCam on multiple PCs-Same Wifi network-Same Account
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
I think you'd need to use 2 different port ranges (of at least 5 or 6 ports per camera), with each range forwarded to its respective computer running icamsource...and make sure each computer has a static IP address. Other than that, it's really easy to set up...simply use the same iCam username/password on both computers. My only concern would be whether or not your WiFi will get bogged down by all of the wireless traffic...but the only way to find out is to try. :)

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »
As always OUAnthony, it's a pleasure to get a great response from you! :) Thank you!
  My only other question is, since you recommend using a new port range for the second PC, would it matter what range I use? If I'm using 12000 to 12100 for the first PC, then could I use, say, 12101 to 12201 for the second PC?

Thanks again for all your help! :)
Ryan

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
If you are running iCamSource on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.) - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:45:30 AM by SKJM Support »

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:54 AM »
Thank you so much!
  As always with this forum, I have never been left without my questions being answered in full. Great software, great app, great people and unmatched technical support. Thank you all for everything you do!

Ryan