Author Topic: Two iCamSource, Two Cameras, Only One Shows Up  (Read 2214 times)

seanhsmith

• View Profile
Two iCamSource, Two Cameras, Only One Shows Up
« on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:03 PM »
A quick overview of my setup... I have two instances of iCamSource running on two different machines. One is running on a Mac mini with the latest OS X Yosemite running on it. The other is running on a Dell laptop running Windows 7. The Mac mini is responsible for connecting to a network IP camera with MJPEG while the Dell laptop is responsible for its own integrated webcam and microphone. I have both configured to use the same username and password. Both instances of iCamSource are also configured to "Auto configure router" and both indicate that this part of the process was successful. The Mac mini says it is connected through port 12000 while the Dell laptop says it connected through port 12001. However, in the iCam app on my iOS devices, only the network camera from the Mac mini appears. No matter what I try, the camera from the Dell laptop never appears in iCam and I'm literally at my wits end. I swear this had worked before but I haven't been running multiple cameras in awhile now.

I completely uninstalled iCamSource (or so I thought anyway) from the Dell laptop and reinstalled it but my username and password were still in there so I'm thinking there were still some settings left over. I'm starting to think maybe the update I performed to iCamSoure is what borked it... and it wouldn't be the first time. I swear I run into issues like this every single time I try and do an update to the Windows version of iCamSource.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I don't understand why it would say that it's "connected" if it really isn't.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Two iCamSource, Two Cameras, Only One Shows Up
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »
If you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.) - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

seanhsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
Is that supposed to be necessary if UPnP is being used? Both instances of iCamSource are saying that it successfully opened up two different ports. One opens port 12000 and the other opens port 12001. The thread you linked to also seems to imply that you should be able to view everything without configuring port forwarding if you're on the same wifi network as everything else and that EXTERNAL connections wouldn't work. In my case, neither works.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:23:09 AM by seanhsmith »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:07:18 PM »
The UPnP implementation on different routers is extremely inconsistent. The fact that iCamSource has received a success message from the router doesn’t necessarily mean the port was actually opened.

If UPnP is not working the only thing left to try is to manually configure your router for port forwarding. There’s more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any problems with the instructions on that page, please send me the Brand/Model of your router so I can find port forwarding instructions for your particular router.