Author Topic: iCam captures should be viewable if cam is offline  (Read 1855 times)

RakaMaru

• View Profile
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »
When running iCamSource, if I want to view previous captures, then I need to run the corresponding ipCam.  I would like to recommend an upgrade to allow previous captures to be viewable even if the ipCam is off.

This would allow users to be able to see captures even if the dog knocks your ipCam offline or it gets stolen or whatever.

Thank you for the awesome software!

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:50:31 AM »
Have the images saved to a Dropbox account.

RakaMaru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »
Have the images saved to a Dropbox account.

Yes, that can be configured. But I was mostly talking about the interface.

For example, the pictures are still there on the iCamSource host computer. Why not make them available via the same interface with an archive area, or show the camera offline but saved captures are available for viewing.

Currently, the ipCam doesn't even show and the captures can't be accessed.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »
Thank you for your suggestion.

Motion Events are recorded to the computer running iCamSource. You can view them from your computer by going to the default folder for the Motion Events, which is: User>Pictures>iCamSource Motion Events

As rjgvt suggested, a number of users use the free DropBox service to automatically mirror the Motion Events recorded by the iCamSource to a remote server in case the computer is turned off or stolen. There is also a free iPhone DropBox application that you can use to view your files away from a computer.