Author Topic: Upgrade to iCamSource 2.1.1 will not record motion events  (Read 6926 times)

trujillo

• View Profile
Upgrade to iCamSource 2.1.1 will not record motion events
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:38:57 AM »
I have been running iCam and iCamSource version 1.4x for many months without any issues.  I am running iCamSource on a Windows7 machine with four IP cameras connected.

After upgrading to iCamSource 2.1.1, no matter what I do from the iCamSource or iCam (iphone) application, none of the motions events will record (write to disk). 

The iCam application does not flash the "Motion" indicator.  I have verified that motion event folder (win7 machine) is accessible.   Its using the the default My Pictures directory.   Version 1.4.5 used the same directory, no issues.  I cleared the motion events folder, and still no events being recorded.  I flipped the "Record Motion Events" control on/off from both iCam and iCamSource, still no recording.

Can someone please help me?

GaryW

• View Profile
Re: Upgrade to iCamSource 2.1.1 will not record motion events
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:16:17 AM »
Might be a silly question, but have you ticked the "Enable Motion Detection" in the Motion Detection tab in iCamSource?

This is a separate option to the Record Motion Events setting and is optional for each camera you have set up in iCamSource.  Note that you can't access "Enable Motion Detection" from iCam, only in iCamSource.

trujillo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
Yes, I have checked the "Enable Motion Detection" on each of the four cameras (iCamSource).

Yes I know the "Record Motion Events" is in the iCam application....and again nothing is being records.  Once sign the there's a bug is the "Motion" indicator one iCam application is doing nothing, when there is obvious motion in the cameras view.   

Again, iCamSource 1.4.x works great, iCamSource 2.x not record under any configuration setups.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
The fact that the motion indicator is not illuminating is odd. Have you tried adjusting the Motion Detection Sensitivity?

trujillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »
Yes, I stand right in front on my camera moving around, but the motion indicator does nothing.  Even when I slide the sensitivity all the way up, still nothing.

Once I uninstall iCamSource 2.1.1, re-install 1.4.5 then it works perfect. 

I have installed and removed 2.1.1 several time, with no change.   Each time I install 1.4.5, there's no problem.  Very frustrating.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »
It may be something with your registry settings, since this does not seem to be a wide-spread issue.

This new version uses the registry more than the last version, so it's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry.  You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 12:39:02 AM »
I just found this same error on one of my pc's. I am running two cameras from separate pc's and one has source 1.4.... And the other 2.1.1. The 2.1.1 will not recognize motion at all however the older version will. I checked them both from the latest iPhone app.

GaryW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 03:09:17 AM »
Running 2 x USB webcams using iCamSource in Win XP on an eeePC Netbook 2.1.1 and motion recording is working fine for me.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »
Flyguy001 - Did you try the registry cleaner link I posted above for the 2.1.1 version? Your iCamSource registry settings may have gotten mixed up somehow when upgrading.

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »
Registry cleaner did work... all is working well now.

Thank you!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
You're most welcome. Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

pccpc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
How did you re-install an older version. Everytime I uninstall 2.1.1 and try to reinstall an older version, it just reinstalls 2.1.1.
Already wrote in another thread that we are not getting any video on 2.1.1 on Windows 7. Am using both the old and the new Apps on different iPhones. We get video when on the same wifi network as the camera, and on 3G, but cannot get any video when iPhones are on a different wifi network. Already did the cleaner process.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 10:20:13 PM »
pccpc - Sometimes the uninstaller doesn't remove the iCamSource directory properly.  Please uninstall 2.1.1 again, and then verify that the iCamSource directory has been deleted (probably C:\Program Files\iCamSource\).  If the directory is still there, delete it manually.  Then try installing the older version.