Author Topic: Frozen image and no live video feed  (Read 3768 times)

jmore212

• View Profile
Frozen image and no live video feed
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »
I'm sure this has been asked but I've searched and couldn't find my exact issue. On the icam app on my iphone 4s, my Foscam only shows an old image and it has been frozen there for awhile. It still picks up motion and when I view my motion events, it will show the current motion events. I cannot view the live feed. I currently have just my Macbook as an icam source and one foscam connected. On my Macbook, the feeds on both can be viewed live. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it still shows the same frozen image as my foscam live feed. Help please?

andyring

• View Profile
Re: Frozen image and no live video feed
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
I don't have an answer but I have what appears to be the same problem.  Happens fairly consistently about once a day.  I notice it in the morning.  Sometimes I can fix the problem by opening iCamSource and clicking "stop" but usually that doesn't work.  So then I have to fire up Terminal, find the running process and kill it that way.  Then, upon relaunching iCamSource it will work fine for another day.

My setup is fairly vanilla.  An older MacBookPro 15-inch (MacBookPro4,1 specifically) with 6 gigs RAM, OS X 10.9.2 and OS X Server 3.1.1.  I have two cameras in use, a Logitech C310 and some el-cheapo $10 webcam from OfficeMax.  Not a huge show-stopper but frustrating.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »
Please try rebooting the computer. If you continue to have issues with iCam refreshing, please try checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button. If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »
I can't speak to jmore's setup, but I've rebooted my machine many times when this happens.  I can try the auto-config and see what happens, but I firmly believe it's a problem within iCamSource.  Reason being, when I go to the computer and look at the source images within iCamSource, they are not updated and are "frozen" on an earlier image/video feed.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »
I can't speak to jmore's setup, but I've rebooted my machine many times when this happens.  I can try the auto-config and see what happens, but I firmly believe it's a problem within iCamSource.  Reason being, when I go to the computer and look at the source images within iCamSource, they are not updated and are "frozen" on an earlier image/video feed.

The image in iCamSource is determined by the camera. Have you tried accessing your camera via any other video capture software when it appears frozen in iCamSource?

andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »
I have compared them.  When the image is frozen in iCamSource, I can view the same camera with FaceTime or Messages or QuickTime and see a current unfrozen video image.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »
Please make sure there aren’t any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 10:00:58 AM »
There are no other video capture programs running.  The computer runs a few very basic things:

iCamSource
iTunes (as a media server for my AppleTV)
MagicJack for our home phone
OS X Server 3.1

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 12:13:29 AM »
Please send an email to support@skjm.com with a screenshot of iCamSource while it’s running. Please reference this post and your username in your email.