Author Topic: Icam UPnP mat not be enabled / source connection error  (Read 2020 times)

SteveG

• View Profile
Icam UPnP mat not be enabled / source connection error
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »
Hi,

I am after some help getting this app working. When you press start it shows what the camera is seeing on the screen of the laptop, but on my iPhone or iPad it says source connection error.

On the laptop it does say UPnP may not be enabled. So I followed the advice on another thread and downloaded a link to let me select the ports. Even after selecting ports i still can't get the picture on my iPad or iPhone.

Someone else said was the Internet security setting. So I dropped this to medium still no good. I was using my girlfriends laptop which is a new windows 8. So I tried mine which is older and windows 7, still won't work. My Internet is through sky who use net gear. However I have also tried running it through a wireless hotspot instead yet still won't work.

I have ran out of ideas. Please help someone!!!  :'(

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam UPnP mat not be enabled / source connection error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.