Author Topic: Need a little help: Foscam FI8908W IP Camera (MJPEG)  (Read 3205 times)

Grumpa

• View Profile
Need a little help: Foscam FI8908W IP Camera (MJPEG)
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
Just purchased and installed the camera. All works well ... well, except I can't get iCamSource (2.1.1) to work with it. I select Ethernet/WiFi - tried the local, and later the DynDNS URL and port of the camera - click MJPEG, enter the camera USER ID and Password ... and then the Network Camera Error message appears.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks.

icam-c-u

• View Profile
Re: Need a little help: Foscam FI8908W IP Camera (MJPEG)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
I've got the FI8904W (FI8098W still in the post) and just got it setup today, I think setting it up with iCamSource was the easy bit!

What you can try is, if you click on the URL link where you enter the camera address, it will take you to the SKJM support page, enter the details and it will generate the link for you.
Select the MJPEG link, paste it in add username and password and that should do it.

Hope that helps.

Grumpa

• View Profile
Re: Need a little help: Foscam FI8908W IP Camera (MJPEG)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
Thanks it did help - but - the trick was clicking on the little "+" symbol under Cameras to "add" another camera. Until I stumbled onto that I couldn't start the IP camera - Start was greyed out.  Appreciate the help.