Author Topic: icam app quits immediately  (Read 5138 times)

Mr.Electric

• View Profile
icam app quits immediately
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »
I have been running icam source with one wifi cam and the icam app on my iphone and ipad for over a year. Hats off to the icam team, once this software is configured it is a powerful tool.
So, I have been running just one wifi camera, a sharks brand product all this time. I just added another wifi camera, which is an old 3g iphone running the ip cam app. Everything works in terms of icam source recording motion events and showing the live feed when I look at the icam source preferences window running on my mac mini. I noticed initially that the app on my ios devices tended to quit a few seconds after opening especially when I attempt to access through 3g network but not as frequently when I opened the app while I was within my home network. Now I am out of the country and I noticed that when I try to open the app on my iphone or ipad again it still quits after a few seconds. I am in a wifi network when opening the app just not my home wifi network. I can see the live feed through icam web so I assume that everything is working on i cam source. I also see my recorded motion events in my drop box where the icam source is set to record so I feel confident that icam source is operational. The issue is that the icam app quits on my iphone and ipad within 20 seconds of opening the app before the live feeds are displayed. Again this started only after adding the second cam. I have successfully used the app with one camera running from overseas on previous trips and it worked fine.
Any advice appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:45:42 PM by Mr.Electric »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: icam app quits immediately
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
If iCam is crashing, on your iPhone there should be crash logs.

Here are the instructions on how to get the crash logs for your iPhone: http://indude.com/find-the-crash-logs-iphone-app/

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. In your email, please reference this post and your username.

Mr.Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
I tried freeing up some extra memory on my ipad by going into the multi task pane and closing everything. I also turned off all cloud sync functions. After that the icam app would just hang but not quit as it did before. Feeling hopeful I restarted the ipad. After restart I was sorry to see the icam app quits as usual. Crash logs have been emailed to the support email.
I guess it is not a memory issue. The app crashes exactly the same way on my ipad, iphone 3 and iphone 4.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
Are you able to access your home computer and restart the iCamSource? From the crash log it looks like an issue with the host information of the iCamSource that is causing an issue with iCam, but I am unable to determine exactly what the issue might be.

The fact that it works fine in iCamWeb is additionally odd.

A handful of others users have had this issue in the past have gotten things working again by clearing their iCamSource settings or changing their login and password on the iCamSource and iCam.

Did you change the login / password of your cameras when you added the second camera or when things started crashing? It may be that the iCamSource's login info has simply gotten into a strange state.

If you could e-mail the iCamWeb share link to support@skjm.com before making any changes to the iCamSource we may be able to further track down the cause of the issue.

Mr.Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »
I sent over my user name and password. I will not be able to make changes to icam source for about 3 weeks time as I am currently out of the country but it will be interesting to find out more info about this issue in the short term then fix it when I get back home.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
Thank you for that.

Hopefully I will be able to replicate the crashing problem and then track down the cause of the issue.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »
I was able to replicate the problem and believe I have tracked down the cause of the issue and will be working on an iCam fix to submit to Apple shortly.

Thank you again for allowing me to troubleshoot this issue by attempting to connect to your iCamSource.

If other users are experiencing this issue one solution may be to restart both your iCamSource network's router and computer, as it is related to a logic path involving one of the the more complex network configurations in the iCam connection logic.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 10:46:38 AM »
iCam 2.1.2 (which should fix this crashing issue) has been submitted to Apple for review.

Mr.Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
Awesome
I can't remember getting better customer service or tech support on anything I have purchased. You guys take it seriously. Thank you

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »
You're most welcome. :)