Author Topic: source connection error  (Read 5670 times)

johnphan

• View Profile
source connection error
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
Hello, i was able to view my cameras on my iphone 3g all this time and suddenly now i got that source connection error. i have tried both checked/unchekced auto configure and still does not work. i am on the newest version 2.4.4. Can you please assist me? i really appreciate it. Thank you. jp

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: source connection error
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »
What is the status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled?

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
Hello, it says upnp success 12000>12000 click for info. Thank you. jp

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »
The UPnP success message indicates that the port has been opened successfully in the router. The port might be blocked by another router on the network. Are there any other routers on the network? What are the Brand/Model of all routers on the network? What is the Brand/Model of your cable/DSL modem? Some modems have an integrated router that could cause this problem.

It's also possible that the router is in a bad state. You can check that by rebooting the router. To do that, unplug the router's power cable for about ten seconds, then plug the power cable back in. Once the router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:05:21 PM »
hello, i can access the cameras on my wifi same network but not from my iphone using 3g or using outside network like from work. my wireless router is netgear wdr3500 and yes i will reboot my router go by your instructions and will let you know. Thank you. jp

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
Hello, i have reboot my wireless router and still doesn't work. thanks. jp

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »
Did you mean the Netgear WNR3500? - http://www.netgear.com/service-provider/products/routers-and-gateways/fast-ethernet-routers-gateways/WNR3500.aspx

Also, what is the Brand/Model of your modem?

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »
it's netgear wndr3700. thanks

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 07:40:11 AM »
sorry, the wireless router is netgear wndr3700 and the modem is motorola from comast service provider. Thanks. jp

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
yes, i think it's not icam issue. it's more with the new iphone4s. i am able to view my cameras from firefox at work and also my iphone 3gs but my iphone 4s is not able to view the cameras. i remember seeing someone has posted that issue too. Is icam team aware of that issue? Maybe icam is not compatible with the new iphone4s? please advise? Thanks. jp

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
The latest versions of iCam/iCamSource have been tested and are compatible with the iPhone 4S.

In your initial post you mentioned that you are running iCamSource version 2.4.4. Are you also running the latest of iCam, 2.1.1?

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 03:17:27 PM »
Yes, i just looked up my icam on my iphone and it's 2.1.1.  Please help? Thank you so much for your help. jp

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:40:32 PM »
Are you running the Mac or Windows version of iCamSource?

If you are running the Mac version:

I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

If you are running the Windows version:

It's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

If starting with a fresh set of preferences does not work, the only thing left to try is to manually configure your router for port forwarding. There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
ok thanks for your help. i will try it now. thanks. jp

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 02:07:30 PM »
i have tried it and still doesn't work. i don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but my netgear wireless router is not running the default netgear software or firmware anymore due to i have jailbreak my wireless router and i am currently using dd-wrt firmware. Please let me know and i can go back to my stock firmware? thanks for your help. jp