Author Topic: iCamSource stop streaming  (Read 8608 times)

sim14741

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource stop streaming
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »
QQVGA at 20 fps works but the resolution is really bad as it will blow a large screen from a very small intake.

But full VGA at 5 (even 15 in my case) made the trick. Been running for the last 24 hrs. BTW this is a great application when working.

So my problem is fixed. Many thanks for helping. I now have a confirmation my processing capability is limited. I will eventually need to upgrade it.

Do you have any recommandation or suggestion about an optimal processor or computer configuration?

Thanks again for helping.

sim14741

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »
Generally, the faster the CPU the better.  RAM usually isn't the problem (as long as it isn't getting maxed out).  iCamSource is multi-threaded, so it can benefit from multiple processors/cores.

icamlam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »
sorry to leave the forum after creating this thread

After reading through what sim14741 have posed, I tried to reduced the frame rate, and it worked fine.
so I think it's just because my computer was not strong enough to optimize the video before streaming it.

Thanks

fincam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 02:50:52 AM »
I had iCamsource 2.0.? running at my summer place for a month or so. It was working fine (excluding some minor starting problems with logitech's webcam; it seems that only way to get it running was to remove webcam from system, start icamsource and install webcam after that). For some reason stream to my iphone and icamweb was interrupted yesterday or day before that. When I travelled to my summer cottage and turned on the display, I saw that system had noticed an update to icamsource (2.1.3) and was asking whether I want to update. Maybe that was the reason for broken feed I don't know. I updated to 2.1.3. and now I have to untick auto-config router in order to get connected. Again, the logitech's webcam doesn't seem to be working as it should. I have to remove and reconnect the camera from system when icamsource is not running. That is the only way of letting icamsource know that there is webcam attached. If I stop icamsource, I have to do the power cycle to the cam again. So icamsource is not supporting logitech's webcam as it should. But the major problem is not in starting the feed but keeping the connection to the server up. After a few minutes, camera will be shut down and naturally no feed will be transmitted to the server. Locally icamsource shows frozen picture and apparently connection to server is up. If I now just unplug the cam and reinsert it, camera comes up and feed is ok. But I won't be here doing that every time this happens. This is MAJOR bug. I will stay here at my summer place this weekend and hopefully you can help me get this working again, since this place is 100 miles from my home and I won't be coming back any day soon.

system info:
Macmini 
OS 10.5.8
Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 (USB)
iCamSource 2.1.3.
iPhone 3GS 4.0.1
iCam 2.0

Macmini won't go to sleep and after power out it starts automagically and launches icamsource automagically as well.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »
Is your webcam plugged directly into your Mac and not into a USB hub or extension cable? Do you perhaps have any other USB devices plugged into your Mac mini?