Author Topic: IcamSource : Works on OSX, Doesn't work on Win 7  (Read 1336 times)

motohead

• View Profile
IcamSource : Works on OSX, Doesn't work on Win 7
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »

I have a D-Link 932L Wifi camera setup and working when the iCamSource (latest Version) running on a Mac Book Pro.  I can see the feed via iCam.

iCamSource 2.4.4 on my Win7 Dell laptop runs and I can see and configure the D-Link camera and it's says it's connected to the network but I cannot see the feed in iCam.  I've duplicated the exact same settings from the Mac.

I can stop and start the Mac and the iCam feed turns on and off as expected. 

Any ideas why this would be occurring?

Note: I can't keep the Mac on continuously until the overheating issue is addressed, so no "doctor it's hurts when I do this" referenced please!   ;)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: IcamSource : Works on OSX, Doesn't work on Win 7
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
On your Mac Book Pro, for the overheating issue, have you tried using a can of compressed air to blow out the fan and vent areas to make sure it's able to move air through it? If it's fairly new, that shouldn't be an issue, but it's a common issue for laptops that are 2+ years old.

When you run icamsource on your Windows machine, did you first exit icamsource on the Mac? Also, it's possible the firewall settings are different on the Mac vs. Windows computers. Have you tried temporarily disabling any firewall software on the PC? Do you have "auto config router" checked on either/both systems in icamsource? If so, do you have uPNP enabled on the router?

Also, just to be clear, you can successfully add the IP camera as a source in the Windows system...it's just not passing it through to your phone/iCam, right?