Author Topic: Jit debugging?  (Read 3933 times)

sunken

• View Profile
Jit debugging?
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:15:36 AM »
Can anyone help me with this please? I've been plagued by this problem for months now and I can't work it out. I keep getting the following message on my PC when the icam source software has been running. It stops it from working and means I have to keep running back to my home-based PC to restart the source software. It's making the app on unusable.

Here's what I'm getting... ( By the way, I've googled jit debugging and it is enabled on my PC)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
debugging just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Texto de Exceção **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value don´t be null
Name param : text……….
…etc………
To enable debugging just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the. Config this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the value
jitDebugging set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:36:27 AM by sunken »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Jit debugging?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
Have you tried uninstalling icamsource and reinstalling it? If so, have you also tried using the registry cleaner file that will remove all of the icamsource preferences, allowing you to start clean? http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

Also, do you have all Windows updates installed and required software installed per the 2nd and 4th post in the following thread?
http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5566.msg17018#msg17018

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:07:32 AM »
 :'(

I did all the things you mentioned and now have no video showing in the source software at all. It's just a grey square where the video should be. My devices aren't showing anything.

I reinstalled the source software. Ran the registry cleaner file and installed the software you mentioned.

I've checked the webcam and that's working with other software.

I'm a bit gutted.

UPDATE.

Ahem. Scrub that. I er... Needed to log into the source programme again. It's up and running. It needs to run a few days before I'll know if it's cured or not.

Thanks very much for your help. And sorry for being so dense. I blame google.

::)

:-\ Sadly, this hasn't worked. It ran for about fourteen hours and then came back with the same message. It just won't run continuously. I can't always get to my PC to restart the source software. Beginning to wonder if maybe I should look elsewhere for something similar. Thanks for trying anyway.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:45:26 PM by sunken »

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
 :-\ Sadly, this hasn't worked. It ran for about fourteen hours and then came back with the same message. It just won't run continuously. I can't always get to my PC to restart the source software. Beginning to wonder if maybe I should look elsewhere for something similar. Thanks for trying anyway.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »
You might try the following things (organized from least to most amount of effort). Try one numbered step at a time to see if anything fixes it (exiting icamsource before trying a step, following the step, then rebooting to make sure all changes are implemented, then running icamsource):

1) ensure that you have all USB webcam drivers updated
2) if using multiple cameras, ensure that you have the "auto config router" option enabled in icamsource (or manual port forwarding if you went through the effort of doing that) AND have uPNP enabled in your router...then stop/start icamsource to make sure you don't get any connection errors. I suggest this step because I used to experience icamsource crashing when I had connection issues (due to my incorrect port forwarding configurations in my router).
3) disabling JIT debugging via the directions here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx
4) saving the worst for last:
    a) completely exiting icamsource
    b) uninstalling icamsource and using the aforementioned registry file to clear the icamsource entries
    c) uninstalling/reinstalling .NET and Visual C++ (a specific version of .NET that is required...version 3.5)...the links for both are provided in another thread that I linked to previously
    d) reboot computer
    e) reinstalling icamsource
    f) reconfiguring icamsource

I had a weird issue once when I made some system configuration changes (not directly related to icamsource), and I had to do step 4. It seems like the issue was relating to JIT debugging, but I can't remember. Also, you should consider using LogMeIn (free or paid versions) or Windows Remote Desktop (some configuration/port forwarding likely required) to be able to connect to and control your computer remotely. There are some free apps and paid apps (I use "Jump" for Windows Remote Desktop, but it's about $15) that will allow you to connect to your home computer from your iPhone (or I'm sure Android has apps too, if you have an Android). Since these apps allow you to control your computer remotely, you won't have to run home to deal with any software issues. LogMeIn is probably the easiest to setup and use, but there are plenty of good options out there.

Finally, I'm sure SKJM will make any more-appropriate suggestions if I missed any possible issues. Worst-case scenario (if nothing fixes it), they might make you a logging version of icamsource to figure out the problem. They're really good about helping to solve problems if you're dedicated to get it working. Luckily, from what I've seen on these boards, issues like you're facing are very rare. I guess that doesn't make you feel lucky, though. haha Good luck!

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »
Thanks very much for your time. It must have taken an age to type all that out. I reinstalled windows xp over the weekend, hoping it would cure the problem. I guess it hasn't. Installing a remote app is a very good idea. I haven't much time at the moment but will try each of your suggestions when I get a chance. Like I said, when it works it's great. Thanks again. I'll let you know how I get on when I've slowly gone through your options.  :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »
No problem. Hopefully one of those steps will get you up and running for good.

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:25:27 AM »
Still no luck on this I'm afraid. I've noticed it will stay hooked up for longer if I run the registry cleaner file before restarting the source software. Not sure if I'm meant to rerun the registry file or not, but it does help a little. I use ccleaner often too. I'm still lucky to get through a day without it messing up tho to be honest. I've tried a few other apps but none really compare. In fact one I downloaded is a complete rip off and I'm now trying to get my money back from the App Store. Perhaps I should just install Skype and do it that way. I'm sure icam is great for the majority out there. One look at the reviews proves that. But for me it's just become a pain.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:59:08 AM by sunken »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 02:32:40 PM »
You followed each of the steps I outlined, and none of them worked? That stinks. This is not an ideal solution, but you could use Task Scheduler to run a specific batch file every 4 hours (or the largest increment you can without experiencing a crash) that will close icamsource and then restart it. At the most, icamsource would be unavailable for about a minute when the batch file is running. Since you'd use Task Scheduler to automate the execution of the batch file, it would be painless (other than the 10 minutes or so it'll probably take to set it up). I posted specific directions for both the batch file and the use of Task Scheduler in the thread below:

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5271.msg16357#msg16357

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:31 AM »
Yeah, followed your instructions and still no luck. That said, at the moment it's having a good run and has almost been on for a full day. This has happened before though so I'm not getting my hopes up. Running the registry cleaner does seem to improve things, for a while at least. Your idea about the task scheduler sounds promising. I'll definitely look into that. I downloaded pocket cloud by the way. That's proved really handy when away from home. I'm sticking with icam no matter what. The alternatives just don't look too promising, especially as most of them aren't cross platform. I need android and iOS. I'm rambling. I'll try the schedular when I get a chance and let you know how I get on. Thanks again for your help and time.

sunks

Ps. Just a thought, the webcam I'm using is quite old. At least ten yrs old. I got the drivers recently from the logitech website but don't know if or when they were last updated. Could the problem be related to a somewhat out of date cam?  It does work fine when it's running ok. This aside, I like the idea of the scheduler. I'll give that a go before spending money on a new cam.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:17:09 AM by sunken »

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 02:07:13 AM »
Not sure what's changed, but it's now been online for over three days  :)
Hope I'm not tempting fate by posting this. Thanks for your help.

sunks.