Author Topic: Problems Getting Through With Edge Or 3G Network  (Read 3562 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Problems Getting Through With Edge Or 3G Network
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:32:02 PM »
I've Been Using iCam On My iPhone 3GS For Almost A Year Now Without Any Problems At All. All Of A Sudden And Literally Overnight, I'm Not Able To Check My Cameras On The 3G Network Of Edge. It Works Just Fine When I'm On My Own Network And I've Even Tried It On My Neighbors Network Without Any Issues. I'm Running The Current Version Of iCam Source And I Can't Figure Out Why It's Not Letting Me On Outside A Network. Can Anyone Help?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Getting Through With Edge Or 3G Network
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
What error message do you see on your phone when it can't connect?

If you're seeing the Source Connection Error, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If it still doesn't work with that
option enabled, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
Over The Past Day Of Trying To Connect On 3G Or Edge, I Am Receiving The "Source Connection Error". I Always Have The Auto-Config Router Option Enabled And As Of Now, It Reads "UPnP Success 12003 -> 12003". In Might Be Coincidence, But After My Last Post I Noticed That My iPhone Network Jumped For Edge (Which At Home, Is All I Get) To 3G With Low Bars. Upon Trying iCam Again, I Was Able To See My Cameras On 3G AND Edge For A Short Period Of Time Before Receiving The Error Again. During The Time I Could See My Cameras, The Auto-Config Read "UPnP Success 12001 -> 12001". I Use Mediacom Internet And It Has Been A Little Flaky Lately, So I'm Wonder If This Might Be A Service Issue And Not A Software Issue Since This Problem Literally Occurred Over Night. Hope That Helps Explain My Situation. PS:Just Did A Test Connect On My Wireless Network And Could NOT See Any Cameras At All. Auto-Config Was Back To UPnP Success 12003 -> 12003.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
When you are attempting to connect via 3G or EDGE do you have a strong wireless signal? ("Full bars" in other words ...)

When connecting via your WiFi network did you see the Source Connection Error? Or a different one?

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »
When I'm Trouble Shooting, I Make Sure That I Have Full Bars On 3G Or EDGE, But Many, Many Times In The Past I Have Gotten Through With Very Few Bars. As Far As WiFi Goes, I DO NOT Get Any Errors At All, No Matter What Wireless Network I Use Or The Distance Away From My PC I Am.

As Of Last Night, I Was Able To Get All 4 Of My Cameras Using 3G. Does This Sound Like It's Maybe A Service Problem, Either AT&T Or My Internet Provider?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
It may have been a hiccup in your AT&T connection, yes. If you see the issue again we can continue to troubleshoot things further.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 09:07:54 PM »
I very much appreciate your time and help with this matter. Thank you for providing such great customer support!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
You are most welcome! :)