Author Topic: Hide System Tray Icon through Registry?  (Read 3755 times)

Sempars

• View Profile
Hide System Tray Icon through Registry?
« on: May 20, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
I know there is a way to hide all icons in the registry.

I also know you can right click on the tool bar and hide the inactive icons, but that still leaves a Arrow.
I cant find any free software to hide the icon, so is there a way to hide the icon thats in the system try through the registry?

I found this in the Registry.

SystrayReminderSown        REG_DWORD        0x000000001 (1)

Can i just put 0 to make it hide?
or do i have to do something else?

Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide System Tray Icon through Registry?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know of any way to completely get rid of icons running in the systray. If you remove the iCamSource.ico file from the iCamSource folder it the iCamSource will run with the default "application" icon instead of the iCamSource icon, but it still will use an icon.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
Run icamsource as a service. There's a post on here that details how to do it. The only downside...you can't access icamsource unless you stop the service and then start icamsource from the Start Menu (instead of as a service). But as a service, it doesn't show up in the system task bar. Like you, I searched for free programs that would hide icons in the system tray, but never did find one. Bummer. But I do run it as a service, and it works great!

Sempars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »
Do you remember where that post is? I did some searches and came up empty.  Thank for the advice.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Read the post linked below. Jay posted a link to it within that post...but also read my post because there is some additional information that you might find useful.

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.0