Author Topic: iCam is giving me a headache  (Read 2132 times)

kc

• View Profile
iCam is giving me a headache
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:09:14 AM »
Installed iCam and iCamSource yesterday.
I can view on the iPhone when using my wifi at home. The minute I walk out of the house and use a different wifi I can't connect anymore. It says "source connection error".
When I try to connect via 3G, I can't connect either with same error msg.
I tried it many times and the problem remains.
I don't need to view when I'm at home. Only when I'm out and it does not work. Major fail. Help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam is giving me a headache
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
Do you perhaps have more than one router on your iCamSource network? What is/are the make and model of your router(s)? Also, what is the make and model of your cable or DSL modem? The reason I ask is that some modems also act as routers, and when there are more than one router on a network that makes connecting from outside of the network difficult.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
I bet you didn't set up the port forwarding. I had the same issue until I carefully read/followed the port forwarding directions linked at the top of the forum.

kc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 06:49:31 PM »
I've followed the instructions and set up port forwarding. Still not working for me. Think I'm a tech idiot. Guess I'll live without iCam.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:47:50 PM »
iCam does work for about 99% of our users without needing to forward ports unless they have a "more complex" network than most ... If you forwarded ports in your router, did the port checker link report port 12000 as OPEN?