Author Topic: Multiple cameras  (Read 2589 times)

vasilis

• View Profile
Multiple cameras
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:09:28 AM »
Hi again

Is there a way to send information from multiple cameras using one computer (without using VirtualBox or something like that!)?

So lets say you have a couple of USB cams and a couple IP cams, can you use one computer to send all the information out?

Thanks
Vasilis

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »
Many users have had success connecting to multiple webcams on the same computer by running multiple instances of the iCamSource. On Mac OS X simply make additional copies of the iCamSource.app and run each one, associating it with a different webcam input. On Windows simply launch another instance by double-clicking the iCamSource application shortcut a second time. If you use the same iCam Login and Password you should be able to connect to all of them at once from iCam.

vasilis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »
On Mac OS X simply make additional copies of the iCamSource.app and run each one, associating it with a different webcam input.

Thanks! This should do it.

jonpriority

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:51 AM »
I can't seem to run more than 1 Icam source at the same time,when I double click nothing happens. I am running windows 7, I have tried copying& pasting I cam source,but it still won't run 2 instances. Please help,thank you.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
This thread referred to an old version of icamsource...they have updated it so that multiple cameras can be added in one instance of icamsource. Run icamsource.exe, but make sure that the cameras are stopped...then you can use the little plus button to add additional cameras. Once done adding all of your cameras, click start.