Author Topic: iCamWeb stopped working for me  (Read 3267 times)

Pontihog

• View Profile
iCamWeb stopped working for me
« on: April 21, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »

I have been using iCam and loving it for some time now and never had any problems.  I came home yesterday and noticed I did not have any internet service.  Long story short rebooted my router and now have a new IP address.   iCam works fine on my iphone, but can no longer use iCamWeb.  It finds the sources as I have four cameras, then I get the following error for each camera

Source connection error.. one or more cameras......

Any help will be appreciate.

Jim

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCamWeb stopped working for me
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
Did you reboot your computer when you also rebooted the router? If not, try that. Are you on a Mac or PC?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »
In addition to OUAnthony's questions, is the computer running iCamWeb is running on the same local network as computer running iCamSource?

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 05:40:44 PM »
In addition to OUAnthony's questions, is the computer running iCamWeb is running on the same local network as computer running iCamSource?

I can not remember if I rebooted the computer at the same time as I rebooted my router, but I did reboot it just now and it is still not working.  I have a windows pc and it is on the same local network as the computers running iCamsource.  One machine is running three cameras and the other machine is running one camera.  The machines running the cameras are on the wifi network and the machine I am checking with is on the wifi network also.

Thanks

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »

Not sure what is going on, I just turned off 3G on my iphone and turned on the WIFI and I can not connect to any sources.  I can connect everywhere else with wifi (web, vnc,X10commander) but not to my cameras.

Any ideas?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
Are you still receiving the Source Connection Error?

Do you see the words "Connecting …" or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title when you click the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam2

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:18:31 AM »
Are you still receiving the Source Connection Error?

Do you see the words "Connecting …" or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title when you click the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam2

I was playing around with it this morning and I decided to hit the Auto-Config router on iCamSource prefrences.  After doing that on both machines, everything works fine.  I unclicked it and it is still working.

Did I do anything that will change any of my router settings by doing this?  Not sure what happened as iCam has been running well for over a year with no issues and I noticed this the other day by accident as I usually don't use iCamWeb.

Just want to make sure I did nothing wrong by hitting Auto-Config Router in my settings.

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 10:00:27 AM »
I'm glad you got it working!

It's possible that your settings just somehow got into a bad state.

Auto-Config uses UPnP to automatically open a port in the router, so it does affect the router's settings, but not permanently.

You didn't do anything wrong  ;D