Author Topic: compatible cameras available in uk ? recommendation please  (Read 4206 times)

noddy

• View Profile
compatible cameras available in uk ? recommendation please
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »
Stefan,

its great to have ip camera recommendations on your site but i could only find one camera that was available in the uk ie the Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera (WVC80N).  Now that I have my web cam fully functioning with your latest new software and can access over 3g following a push notification on my iphone 3gs, i want to do more.  
I cannot seem to find a retailer in the uk for SkyIPCam747W which was on your list and has pan and tilt (it looks great i would like to buy one or even a PTZ.)

Two questions, (sorry, still a bit of a newbie so anyone feel free to step in here with your advice !)

I am using a basic webcam now, if i buy a PTZ ip cam will i be able to Pan and tilt with my iphone via icam (or PTZ)

Does icam support foscam cameras e.g. Foscam FI8908W IP The camera says it has Image compression MJPEG so i assume it will be ok..

king regards

Noddy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:39:12 PM by noddy »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: compatible cameras available in uk ? recommendation please
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
iCam currently doesn't support PTZ controlling of the cameras, but that is something that is on our list of features to potentially implement in the future.

fred

• View Profile
Re: compatible cameras available in uk ? recommendation please
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »
Stefan,

its great to have ip camera recommendations on your site but i could only find one camera that was available in the uk ie the Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera (WVC80N).  Now that I have my web cam fully functioning with your latest new software and can access over 3g following a push notification on my iphone 3gs, i want to do more.  
I cannot seem to find a retailer in the uk for SkyIPCam747W which was on your list and has pan and tilt (it looks great i would like to buy one or even a PTZ.)

Two questions, (sorry, still a bit of a newbie so anyone feel free to step in here with your advice !)

I am using a basic webcam now, if i buy a PTZ ip cam will i be able to Pan and tilt with my iphone via icam (or PTZ)

Does icam support foscam cameras e.g. Foscam FI8908W IP The camera says it has Image compression MJPEG so i assume it will be ok..

king regards

Noddy

The  Foscam FI8908W is a great camera it works fine with icam use http://your ip address/snapshot.cgi in icam source
regards
Ricky