Author Topic: Can I view my laptop cam with iCam and my iPod  (Read 18848 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I view my laptop cam with iCam and my iPod
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »
@WalkingHeart - Definitely no need to apologize, and I am very sorry to hear about your bad news.  :(

As for your camera now working with your iCamSource but not being able to connect from iCam, what error message do you see when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error?

Also, are you seeing the same error message when your iPhone is connected via 3G and the same local WiFi network as the computer running the iCamSource?

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »
thanks for the reply and not giving up on me..the message reads: No Sources Found, then underneath that, there are currently no running iCamSources associated with you existing login and password..and this is on my iPod so it's wifi all the time..I'm going to uninstall both then reinstall both and see what happens..any thoughts on this one?? TYA!!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:05 PM »
When you click the Start button in the iCamSource do you see the words "Connecting ..." or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title bar? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
sorry it took me a day Stefan..doctors suk..well, I've had it up and running but it will run for about a minute or two then crash..i'm afraid to disable my firewall and antivirus to see if that's it..Also I found an old webcam of mine and want to run it as a iCam source too..any help would be appreciated..and I've gone through all the FAQ and such..Troubleshooting too..thanks Stefan..

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
Can you e-mail a screenshot of your iCamSource Preferences window to support@skjm.com after you have clicked the Start button? Hopefully I will be able to see the potential cause of the problem.

Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
Stefan..I kept messing with it and for some reason windows picked it up and diagnosed the problem and it seems that iCamSource isn't compatible with my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit so it put Windows in Windows XP mode to run it..and as I'm writing you it now informs me that it has stopped working..back to the drawing board..and a screen shot :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
The iCamSource should be compatible with Windows 7 Home Premium ... Did you e-mail a screenshot to support@skjm.com ?

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 08:03:20 AM »
The screenshot is there..also, in my firewall there's a place to mark iCamSource public or private..Should I mark them both or just one?? hmmm..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:19:34 AM by WalkingHeart »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »
From your screenshot it looks like there are 4 camera entries in your Cameras list ... I am assuming that you are only attempting to connect to one webcam? If you remove the extra entries (by clicking the "-" button), does that help?

If not, and you are still seeing "Connecting ..." in the window title bar (like in the screenshot) instead of "Connected to Server" when you click the Start button, let me know.

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »
Stefan..I don't know what I did, how I did it, or why its even working but, Houston we have liftoff!! It's working Great and even the camera I have hooked up to my USB hub..I don't know what I did, but, shhh don't say anything..I'd hate to see it crash now..wh

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
Excellent news! :)

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to do this or not.. But Stefan if your still out there I'm having the same similar problem again.. It has been since I set the cameras to record movement in my room when I'm gone.. I came back the other night and there was this error up like, "memory over 500mb," or something Like that..well I couldn't get iCamSource to pull up again so I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, and it was a new preference box look, and it would show only one camera.. (In the dropbox that comes down underneath the USB/firewire/ built in, it did show my other camera though) Then when I went to see if it worked on my iPod, it came up with, 'No sources found'.. Stefan if your still there, or Anybody that can help it would be much appreciated..WH

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »
The iCamSource hasn't changed recently ... Were you running an older version of the iCamSource before?

If you reboot your computer and then relaunch the iCamSource, when you click the Start button do you see any error messages? Do you see "Connecting ..." or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title?

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Nice to see you again Stefan.. It really doesn't say anything.. To be honest, i don't really understand the question.. when I hit preferences the webcams show up but I don't know if they both will show up on my iPod cause when I run iCam it tells me 'No Sources Found'.. I'm not doing something right I know but can't figure out what it might be..TIA, WH

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »
It's similar to the previous screenshot you e-mailed ... If you look in the title of the window, after you click the Start button, do you see the word "Connecting ..." or do you see "Connected to Server" ?