Author Topic: Is there a way to start the icam source from another computer  (Read 3362 times)

OGhoulihan

• View Profile
Whenever i shut down the computer with the i cam source on my laptop it is very anoying having to go to the otherside of my house to manually start it up again is there a way to start it up without having to manually do it

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to start the icam source from another computer
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »
Are you asking if you can start up your computer again once it is shut down?

fred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:05:20 AM »
Whenever i shut down the computer with the i cam source on my laptop it is very anoying having to go to the otherside of my house to manually start it up again is there a way to start it up without having to manually do it

Hopefully Stefan wont mind me jumping in to answer this.
I use a WOL app on the iphone to wake on lan.. with Icam added into the start menu it starts on boot... works fine.
Ricky

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:45:03 PM »
Hopefully Stefan wont mind me jumping in to answer this.
I use a WOL app on the iphone to wake on lan.. with Icam added into the start menu it starts on boot... works fine.
Ricky

Nope, I don't mind at all! :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:30:50 AM »
In case the wake-on LAN feature isn't what you were after, you could also use remote desktop connection (assuming your Windows computer is already powered on) to control the computer and execute the program. Some of these remote connect apps for the iPhone are free. You would just need a basic free one in order to do this. Just make sure your laptop has remote desktop enabled and that the laptop has a static IP address. Also, if you get a free DDNS (dynamic DNS) and set up some port forwarding through your router/firewall, you can remote connect to your laptop from anywhere in the world to disable/enable the icamsource software. Once you get it all set up, it's easy sailing!